Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old May 27, 2004, 10:44 PM   #1

Some of you may have seen a similarpicture to this that I postedbefore in another section of this forum. I was trying to get the white cat and his reflection both with the proper exposure. I wasn't very successfulat that so I thought I'd try to experiment with color replacement to turn those purplish flowers to red. I even tried to turn the goldfish red but had absolutely no luck at that. PSP8 is still a big mystery to me. So what do you think? Are the flowers red now? Maybe light red?

Edit: I'll bet those flowers are red now! A bit over saturated maybe but RED!

I did something wrong on the post - Now you have to click on the links to see the pictures. Oh well!

(I fixed it for you.--B.C.)

Puck M is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 27, 2004, 11:02 PM   #2

Puck on my monitor the goldfish look red and the flowers look pink. Go figure...

I can sense the hunger in the cat... Cheers
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2004, 11:13 PM   #3

Selvin - Yes the flowers are more pink than red. I tried everything I knew (which isn't much) and that's as red as I could get. The fish remained orange to my eyes. I just know there must be a better way to adjust colors in that %^*&$# program.
Old May 28, 2004, 3:39 AM   #4

The flowers look orangey pink to me bit i'm due an eye test in a few weeks. :-)I'm just waiting for the cat to fall in. :-)Nice shot.
jackrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2004, 10:40 AM   #5

Yup, the flowers are pink and the goldfish are red. I remember this photo in its original state, and I really like the color you've added. It makes it a better photo.

Unless we all use calibration software and hardware for our monitors, we're not necessarily going to see the same colors. Also, the kind of lighting we've got in the room can change our color perception.
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2004, 4:00 PM   #6

Those flowers are red now! I tried again. This time I used the dropper tool and color replacer tool and it worked. Maybe a bit too much red but red never the less.
Old May 28, 2004, 4:29 PM   #7

nice job puck....unfortunately the red one loses the details

you mind if i have a whack at it?

photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2004, 4:30 PM   #8

I like the version with the pink flowers better because I think the focus should be on the cat and what the cat itself is focused on--those yummy goldfish. By turning the flowers a brilliant red, they draw the eye away from both the cat and the fish.
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2004, 9:41 PM   #9

Vito - Whack away. It would be interesting to see what you get.

I know what I did wrong. While the original flowers looked light purple, when you get down to the pixel level, that coloris really made up of many shades of color. I changed all shades to brilliant red and blew out the detail in the tiny blossoms. It was an experiment gone wrong like Frankenstein and the monster, but I learned something about how the program works so all was not lost.

Barb - You're right of course. In addition to what I said above, the red overpowers the fishing cat which is what the whole thing was supposed to be about. When I print it out I'll go with the pink. I like it better than the original light purple. It blends better with the orange/ red fish.

Edited for spelling. I can't type!
Old May 28, 2004, 10:26 PM   #10

here you go....even though you've decided the light purple was the best...lol

enjoy
Attached Images

photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote