Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old May 29, 2004, 11:39 PM   #1

Attached Images

Puck M is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 30, 2004, 1:14 AM   #2

Hehe that is the most interesting thing I've ever seen! I must ask, did you put that bug together by yourself? And if not, where on earth did you find that thing? Great picture though! Colorful! I like!

~Jenni
Jenni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2004, 6:26 AM   #3

Aaaah - the OLD cootie set! Very nicely done! :-)
monkey143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2004, 9:13 AM   #4

Puck: I love it. I did something of the same for another site way back. If anyonewants to see my cootie shots, please go to:

http://www.pbase.com/gmaker/cooties
gmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2004, 10:32 AM   #5

It must be an American thing. One I'm glad we haven't copied. :-)
ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2004, 10:49 AM   #6

Puck M,you definitly have a pest control problem therethat the farmers need to protect against. I've seen those buggers wipe out an entire warehouse of plastic banana's, pineapples, and cherries. You have created a very phunny foto.:shock:
MoonGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2004, 10:55 AM   #7

Nice one Puck, this is exactly what my son was eating last night and the way he went through them he could be a threat to fruit markets himself. :-)
jackrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2004, 3:10 PM   #8

Gmaker- I remember your modern cooties but I had to go take another look - very funny!That's what prompted me to go look on ebay for an original "Cootie" game. I found one and nowhad an opportunityto post a picture of what one of the originals looked like. The game I had in the 50's was like this one except the colors were different. I remember green legs, red eyes, and black antennae.

Ferny - Yes it's surely an American kids' game. You got a box of plastic cootie parts and one die. You roll the die and when you get a one you get a body, a two gets you a head, etc. etc. You continue until you build your"Cootie" before anyone else in the game. You didn't miss much!

Jenni - Of course I put the cottie together myself. Even at my advanced age I can still remember how I did it when I was 5.

That cootie didn't get much of the fruit. I shooed him off and scoffed down the fruit myself. Boy those cherries and strawberries were good!
Puck M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2004, 3:49 PM   #9

The fruit looks excellent! I'm glad you posted that. I remember the original cootie post and knew you were looking to buy the old set. Glad you found one!:-)
monkey143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2004, 5:51 PM   #10

Puck M wrote:
Quote:

Ferny - Yes it's surely an American kids' game. You got a box of plastic cootie parts and one die. You roll the die and when you get a one you get a body, a two gets you a head, etc. etc. You continue until you build your"Cootie" before anyone else in the game. You didn't miss much!

We have a game like this in England, except it's called a "Beetle Drive". You use paper, however, and not plastic models.

Chipseh is offline   Reply With Quote