Old Jun 3, 2004, 9:15 PM   #1

first...go here....plz...lol..and look at the first shot i took

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=62

and then i just changed pencils.....enjoy

Attached Images

photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 3, 2004, 9:38 PM   #2

Good pic Vito. Have seen your stuff here and you have acreative eye. Keep up the good work!
aliasd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3, 2004, 10:00 PM   #3

thanks! i'm glad you like it
Old Jun 4, 2004, 3:16 AM   #4

Nice shot vito. :-)
jackrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2004, 9:26 AM   #5

Everyone should take a good look at the original, then compare it with this one. Changing the color of the pencil actually changes the entire picture. The original focuses on the idea of someone having recently sat there drawing. This one gives far more attention to the pencil simply because of its color, and so the focus on an absent person is slightly reduced and is nowmore on the act of drawing than on the person doing the drawing.

Whether it was your aim or not, Vito, you just gave a graphic example of how the tiniest change in a photo can end up changing everything. I'm so glad you did this.

As in the original, of course, there's still that bit of oddness concerning the pencil.:-)

--Barbara
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2004, 2:51 PM   #6

Fantastic shots Vito. Tell me about the lighting scheme you used. That yellow pencil does look like it's floating just abouve the pad. The red one maybe too, but the yellow one grabbed me more for some reason. That shot deserves a nice frame and mat and a place on your wall.
Puck M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2004, 3:05 PM   #7

that one...i had a 15 watt lamp on the left...slightly behind the sketchpad, so that the stray rays wouldn't hit any of the background, and a flashlight pointed directly at the chair, from behind right of the camera.....you can see the weird light patterns on the chair and pad that the flashlight made....

hope that is wat you were looking for...for this technique....the main thing you have to do, is have NO lights powerful enough to reach the background, pointed at the background! lol
Old Jun 4, 2004, 6:31 PM   #8

When did (our) children learn to draw?My wife, and Ihave a 19 year old friend that does life simulating portraits. Look at the attention to detail in Vito's pears! They're making me hungry. I feel like I've accomplished a great task if I can draw a stickman with the arms, legs, and dangly bits all in the right places. I'm gonna start workin' on my stickman figures...

MoonGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2004, 6:49 PM   #9

Vito's going to be a great artist of some kind when he gets out there in the world. Graphic artist, photographer, videographer...who knows? Right Vito?

And MoonGypsy, you absolutely MUST stop using light-colored type. I'm going blind trying to read it!
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2004, 6:59 PM   #10

Sorry Barbara. Can you see this?

I'm still using the black background. I cannot see it at all. Should I use the default color that comes up?
MoonGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote