Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Jun 9, 2004, 2:00 PM   #11

Quote:
You can't have a challenge about circles without a clock entry.
Well, shoot, Ferny! You beat me to it! And you also took a fine photo.

(What are those three holes for?)

bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2004, 2:27 PM   #12

nice shot ferny! everything is so symmetrical! very nice!
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2004, 2:59 PM   #13

Thanks all for the kind words.

Jenni - Yep, some editing. I'm never happy with the pictures from the camera. On this one I removed some noise and brought out the colours to get it nearer to the actual clock. Even after posting pictures I'm not normally 100% happy with them. For instance in this one I can see that it isn't level and there is still some noise there. I don't use Photoshop I use Paint Shop Pro 8. I've never been comfortable with Photoshop. All its done is sit on my hard drive and get ignored.

bcoultry - Sorry. Please don't make me go to bed without any supper. You said yourself there is nothing wrong with posting a picture that has already been taken by somebody else. Look how many roses there were for the Red challenge. :-) The three holes are the winders. One for the clock, one for the chime (Westminster) and one for the big BONG.
ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2004, 4:04 PM   #14

Ferny, having lived and played in the sixties, your big BONG sent me back just about forty years.:-)
Old Jun 9, 2004, 5:14 PM   #15

I've re-done it. It wasn't level and it was bugging me. I rotated it left by half a degree and did some more work. I only had this jpg, I have a habit of not saving the psp files. This jpg isn't as high a qaulity as the original file from the camera and rotating it seemed to make it even worse. Hence the extra work.

It's a 237k file so I'll post a link and not the picture.
Old Jun 9, 2004, 5:27 PM   #16

I thought it was just me, so I didn't say anything about it seeming just a speck off.

That is definitely a nasty habit of not saving the original files. Stop it!
Old Jun 10, 2004, 3:49 AM   #17

It is amazing how such a small amount of rotation can show up in something like this.

Please, if you see something that looks odd or not right in my photos tell me. It'll help me.
Old Jun 10, 2004, 7:47 AM   #18

Quote:
Please, if you see something that looks odd or not right in my photos tell me. It'll help me.
There'salways inner debate over doing this because I never knowhow a person isgoing to take my words. Others here are a lot better at offering suggestions. In particular, Vito comes to mind.
Old Jun 10, 2004, 8:01 AM   #19

I've been here long enough to see that you're not a spiteful person. You don't go out of your way to find fault or upset someone. Why would I be offended if you told me I got the colours wrong or it was skew-whiff? It would allow me to either go back and check myself and correct any mistake or give me the opportunity to explain what I did and why. The result is we both learn. With a new user I can understand why you'd be hesitant.

Old Jun 10, 2004, 8:29 AM   #20

I think a good deal of the problem is that I'm the moderator and am, therefore, viewed as somehow "above,"as a sort ofauthority. I'm not above anything nor am I an authority, but I worry about this aura and how it could give more weight to my words than is really warranted.