Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Jun 10, 2004, 12:09 PM   #31

OK - Anyhoo I know. :-)I heard "yo yo yizzle" as a way of saying "hi." Personally, I prefer to say "hi." :-)Or quote good song lyrics.

As for "carbs," my friend gave me a bunch of Atkins stuff her store was going to throw out. All soy products. Some interesting, some really gross - none of it worth $1.50 fora tiny bagette of chips or snack bar. Yow. I'm addicted to workouts.
monkey143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2004, 12:11 PM   #32

I only like exercising if I get to "play" with my horse (Its a natural horse*man*ship thing...)

That gets me out of breath very often...

here is a picture of Disco and I resting after a big playday! My friend took the pic and I have it framed in my room, too.

Attached Images

discodudette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2004, 12:12 PM   #33

and does this count as a workout?

Attached Images

Old Jun 10, 2004, 12:22 PM   #34

I used to play football each night for two or three hours. Sometimes longer. It had been four years since I did any exercise, so I've started getting the bike out. I would ride it every day but going over tree roots gives you bruises in places where you don't want them.:O
ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2004, 12:28 PM   #35

My mom bikes a looooot too! She usually goes 40 miles per day, but not mountain biking. She road bikes. A month ago she did a 60 mile race! Lance Armstong is her idol. We have a life-size cut-out of him in our living room. On the first day of school last year my mom made me pose with Lance... is that creepy? yea, thought so!

"Football" (Soccer here) is very popular amoung the girls in my school. I don't play because they have all been playing since they were about 4 so I would look just horrible next to all of them. I stick to snowboarding, softball, and horseback riding just to play it safe!
Old Jun 10, 2004, 12:45 PM   #36

discodudette wrote:
Quote:
and does this count as a workout?
Well, it sure looks like disco is getting quite a workout. Is that you just along for the ride? (kidding of course - I know it's a lot of work to do that, and you look like you are very good at it).

So your mom is a road biker, eh? I used to ride 30 miles every day and was in the best shape of my life. Then, I got into an accident and I just kind of got away from it after that. But, the urge to start up again is starting to take hold.

My exercise these days is mostly playing tennis. It's a lot easier on the body than the basketball I played up until I was 37 or so.
geoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2004, 12:57 PM   #37

A man very lose in our riding community had a near death accident while bicycling also. He was in a parking lot biking through when a car pulled out and hit him. He was in the horspital for weeks.

Tennis is a very god sport! My friend plays it and it looks like it's really fun! My hand eye coordination is very bad hee hee which is why I ride... how do I play softball? I don't knwo!:shock:

Yea riding is a ton of work, but we equestrians make itl ook like we're having fun all the time! :-)
Old Jun 10, 2004, 12:58 PM   #38

My 4 1/2 to 5 miles is starting to look silly.

Baby steps didn't you say Amy?...
ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2004, 12:59 PM   #39

youreally have to urge a horse on or this will happen:

Attached Images

Old Jun 10, 2004, 1:00 PM   #40

ferny wrote:
Quote:
My 4 1/2 to 5 miles is starting to look silly.

Baby steps didn't you say Amy?...

*gives Ferny a cookie and Pats his head*

Of course! Baby steps!

Hey that is way better than I could ever do! I went for a bike ride with the power machine mom and I was begging her to stay back with me. And that was only about 2 miles!!!