Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Jun 10, 2004, 10:49 AM   #11

I like the pic! It reminds me of an ethiopean restaraunt that my brother ("edopted" in a sense---> escaped from civil wars where the rest of his family was killed) brought us. To this day it's our favourite! We only eat with our hands--even the salad that has dressing and it gets very slippery! But thats a great shot and it captures the ravenous monsters going in for the kill!
discodudette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2004, 11:17 AM   #12

selvin wrote:
Quote:
Good food including the belly dancers (male and female).
Selvin, I must have read your reply several times but I only just noticed that you wrote about both male and female belly dancers!

The restaurant where this picture was taken had belly dancers, but only female ones. Now, I don't consider myself to be sexist (I am probably a victim of my upbringing), but I think that the image of male belly dancers could make me choke on the dinner

What was amusing was that the female belly dancers were a mix of apparently Moroccan and local caucasian women. It sort of hit me the same way as when I go to a BeniHana's restaurant where each table gets a chef cooking the meal at a grill at the table, and you get a chef that is from someplace like South America rather than Japan!
geoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2004, 11:21 AM   #13

monkey143 wrote:
Quote:
Micah has the right idea. I won't tell you what my dog eats... I, myself, don't use silverware either. :-)Just kidding. Unless it's pizza or a stir fry with chop sticks. Nice photo, anyway - I really like it. It has tons of character.
Haha - I didn't tell you everything that Micah eats! He might be just a teensy bit like your dog...

Micah has a ton of character. He is a miniature poodle that grew out of his skin - IOTW, he is very large for a miniature, about 23lbs. I call him a sub-standard :-)He also has the temperament of a lab which is very unusual for a poodle his size. That is why he is being trained as a therapy dog. He is already the local library dog (my wife is the children's librarian and he gets to go to work there a few days a week with her).
Old Jun 10, 2004, 11:24 AM   #14

discodudette wrote:
Quote:
I like the pic! It reminds me of an ethiopean restaraunt that my brother ("edopted" in a sense---> escaped from civil wars where the rest of his family was killed) brought us. To this day it's our favourite! We only eat with our hands--even the salad that has dressing and it gets very slippery! But thats a great shot and it captures the ravenous monsters going in for the kill!
Thanks for the compliment, Amy!

I haven't been to an Ethiopian restaurant yet but Portland has lots of ethnic restaurants so I'll probably get to one sometime soon. I'm going to ask for a fork, though :-)

The people I was eating were ravenous monsters. As you can see in the picture, there was almost nothing left by the time I was done taking pictures!
Old Jun 10, 2004, 12:04 PM   #15

Wow - Micah really has an interesting story! Unusual choice of names, too - wasn't Micah the "weeping prophet?"

Wow, guys. We have a Hoss'. Anda King's. And Mickey D's. That's about it.
monkey143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10, 2004, 12:16 PM   #16

Quote:
The people I was eating were ravenous monsters

You ate them?!?!:shock:Haha just kidding I know what you meant! Someimtes your fingers just can't keep up with your brain!

And NO FORKS at the ethiopean! What htey have is a bread called "Injera" And it's very spongy and is made out of "teff" (I dunno how to spell that) anyhoo you take a piace of ingera which is flat, and then grab the food you want with the injera so that your hands don't touch it. It's a lot cleaner, but its still really really really yummy. And you can also get your own plates or at least you can where I go.
Old Jun 10, 2004, 12:30 PM   #17

discodudette wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
The people I was eating were ravenous monsters
You ate them?!?!:shock:Haha just kidding I know what you meant! Someimtes your fingers just can't keep up with your brain!
Did I really write that? Well, I guess that's what happens when you start getting past your prime :sad:

I might as well play along with it since it's so funny. Continuing on... you can tell from the picture that there wasn't much left to these ravenous monsters after I was done eating - basically, just their hands and part of their arms - I sure do like eating Moroccan, but I'll need to go with a new group of people next time!:lol:
Old Jun 10, 2004, 12:34 PM   #18

Hahah! Remind menever to goto dinner with you!!
Old Jun 10, 2004, 12:37 PM   #19

monkey143 wrote:
Quote:
Wow - Micah really has an interesting story! Unusual choice of names, too - wasn't Micah the "weeping prophet?"
There's a lot more to his "story", but perhaps another time...

Micah was known as the prophet of the "poor and downtrodden". Most prophets were treated poorly and probably had good cause to weep, but it was Jeremiah who was known as the "weeping prophet". My wife and I loved the names of the Old Testament characters and wanted to name our dog after one. Micah's brother is named Joshua.
Old Jun 10, 2004, 12:41 PM   #20

I'm with some of you guys- I wouldn't hesitate to ask for a fork, especially with my Baboon of a brother (I hope he never gets into Photography and ends up here :lol.

Great shot.
Chipseh is offline   Reply With Quote