Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Jun 19, 2004, 9:47 AM   #11

okay that was a scare.
discodudette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2004, 9:51 AM   #12

Are you talking about Mr Highwaistband? If so, on behalf of the entire population of England, I apologies for him.
ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2004, 9:53 AM   #13

Hahah Mr Highwaistband?

I thought everyone from England was exactly like him! You're all not pessimistic and deranged? Oh man have I been misinformed!
Old Jun 19, 2004, 9:56 AM   #14

You don't know what you're talking aboot. :lol:

But really. We all hate him over here to. Why do you think we sent him over to you?:-)
Old Jun 19, 2004, 10:05 AM   #15

Odd, but I don't hate him at all. He does the job that the others can't or won't do, and if no one does it, there will be a lot of sour-noted people dreaming of what they'll never accomplish instead of finding a place in which they can actually excel. I'll bet that, as harsh as he sounds, the things some of these people hear when they go prancing into a studio with big ideas are far and away more cruel.
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2004, 10:07 AM   #16

lol! That's so evil! He is so evil. I was kidding I know not everyone from England is like that. See? You're all nice.

He is really annoying. I think he tries to get famous by being evil.. but no on wants to hang around with him because he is so pessimistic... ya know? hahah eh eh eh? Anyhoo my friends cousin was on American Idol. She wiggled her ears. I know that's talent.
Old Jun 19, 2004, 10:11 AM   #17

There's nothing wrong with telling people who think they can sing that they can't. But going about it the way he does, humiliating them and then profiting from it just turns me over. That is why I hate him. Then there are the pointless bands he and others like him in the record industry who kick out wave after wave of pap aimed directly at kids because they're the biggest market. They ignore the older people who actually have money to spend and will happily do so. Then to top it all off, they blame people downloading music for the falls in record sales. I'm sorry Mr Cowell, but if you got off your arse and did some real work for the music lovers you'd actually be making more money than you do now.

Hmm.. I better leave the rant there. I'd go on for days otherwise.
Old Jun 19, 2004, 10:13 AM   #18

I can wiggle my ears to! :lol: My left goes more than my right for some reason and I can wiggle the left on its own but not the right. It's great when you show people and they try to do the same. The expressions on their faces are hilarious.
Old Jun 19, 2004, 10:14 AM   #19

That was a dang good rant!! I agree with it.

Anyhoo I have a horseshow and then camp so if Im on its only tomorrow... I will be back weds night maybe. Seee ya.
Old Jun 19, 2004, 11:04 AM   #20

Ah, but if a little sweetie such as Paula Abdul likes him, he can't be quite the devil you all think he is.

As for the evils of the recording industry, I doubt Simon is responsible for it. More likely, it'sgreedy executives who haven't even a molecule of ear for music but definitely have a nose for money.
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote