Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Jun 13, 2004, 7:49 PM   #1

I bought two black sheets of plastic one shiny and one not both black. I guess it wasn't a great idea as I'll never get all the dust off. OK this should be enough round shots for me.

iblaineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 13, 2004, 8:00 PM   #2

Nice shot. I believe those are called Ben-Wa balls. As this is a family forum, I won't describe their intended use. If you shake them, you should feel something moving around inside.
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2004, 8:51 PM   #3

I belive they are Chinese meditation balls. Ben-Wa balls are about the size of a marble these are much larger . I had to search google to see what Ben-Wa balls where . Quit interesting. They sound the same except different sizes.
Old Jun 13, 2004, 9:49 PM   #4

I think there is a definite difference. The meditation balls, I think, are solid and the two balls in the set are rotated around each other in one hand and provide a great deal of relaxation. Ben-Wa balls, on the other hand, are hollow and contain some type of spring loaded weight that bounces around at the slightest movement. They are an ancient form of s-x toy. I leave it to the reader to research further.
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2004, 11:53 PM   #5

Well.. ya learn something new everyday. Gotta stay openminded.

Anyhoo the ball in the front is very out of focus. Was that intended? Maybe it would pop more if you darkened all the black int eh b'g. Has potential but personally I don't really love it yet.
discodudette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2004, 9:55 AM   #6

This is one of those photos that could be vastly improved by a simple crop. Cropping off either the left or the right side, thus taking the subject out of dead-center will make a huge difference. I used paper to block off the right side, then tried the same on the left and found I liked both equally.

Don't give up on the shiny and the mat black surfaces! They are superb for still lifes. Remove as much dust as you can, then clone out the rest afterward in your photo editor. Don't leave all the cleaning to your software, however, since it's actually a lot faster and easier to do a little housekeeping prior to taking the photo. Use a brush to clean the surfaces, and if you can build up some static electricity in that brush, it'll work even better.
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2004, 9:59 AM   #7

just don't use the static brush on your camera after
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2004, 2:58 PM   #8

Disco, Your post made me think of American Idol. I don't really love it. I'm waiting for the simon review now . I agree with you though.
Old Jun 18, 2004, 3:39 PM   #9

iblaineman wrote:
Quote:
Disco, Your post made me think of American Idol. I don't really love it. I'm waiting for the simon review now . I agree with you though.

I'm terribly sorry! I don't ever want to sound mean like Simon! It's a great shot it's juet not my favorite! Im sorry to sound heartless.
discodudette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2004, 11:58 PM   #10

You didn't sound heartless I thought it was funny and I agree not my best shot . It'a sll in fun.