Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Jun 14, 2004, 6:12 PM   #1

Back to my marriage equipment !

My wife kept the pillow for the wedding rings and so I used it as a base for these shots.

There are two kind of lights in these shots :
  • theoriginal ones that come from two lamps (one pointing to the ceiling to get the diffuse light and the other pointing directly to the rings from above )
and
[/*]
  • the Photoshop ones that comes both from gradients and from the wonderful RenderLighting Effects( Soft Spotlight ).[/*]

Wedding Rings 1 ( Slanted Reflected Gradient ) :

Wedding Rings2 (2 Crossing Spotlights for the Heart Effect ) :

Wedding Rings3 (A Slanted Reflected Gradient and A Spotlight ) :

brtsergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 14, 2004, 7:52 PM   #2

All three are so well done, but the second one wins my own heart completely. I don't know that I would have ever thought to use the lighting effects that way. I'm going to remember it for future use.
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2004, 9:23 PM   #3

that heart effect is absolutely beautiful! great idea and execution sergio!

i bet your wife liked these
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2004, 2:31 AM   #4

Thanx.

bcoultry wrote:
Quote:
I don't know that I would have ever thought to use the lighting effects that way.
Nor would have myself too !

It just happened while I was positioning a second spot light in Photoshop : I saw the heart shape appearing, I liked the unexpected game of lights and then I worked to refine it.

photosbyvito wrote:
Quote:
Ibet your wife liked these
... or maybe she would have preferred me spending the night with her instead of staying in front of a monitor :-)
brtsergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2004, 3:38 AM   #5

Nice shots sergio, especially number 2. :-)
jackrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2004, 3:49 AM   #6

Such a shame about the DOF but they're all stunning none-the-less. I like the bows in the last one. The white lace is more romantic, for me, than the heart lights. Excellent choice of background to. Not just for sentimental reasons but also for photogenic ones.

Thank you for telling us about how you do your lighting. bcoultry, you, and now vito, all seem to love using lights but you all have such unique styles. It's nice to watch.
What type of lights do you use?

edit - I was little worried when I saw the first line of your post.:lol:
ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2004, 9:51 AM   #7

These are fantastic! You're a relative newlywed? Looks like the date inscribed is 2000? Congrats! :-)I like the last two. I'm curious. The first shot shows Elisa's ring much bigger than yours. Does that mean you've done a job with the perspective, or is it customary to have your wife's name inscribed in your ring?

I have nothing on the inside of mine. I had John's inscribed with the first phrase from Rabbi Ben Ezra from Robert Browning "Grow old along with me, the best is yet to be." I wanted to also include "the last for which the first was made" but it wouldn't fit. John has gray hair and not much of it left:-). He's older than me and it's our second marriage for each of us, so I thought that appropriate.

I had to laugh at F/P's (Ferny and Pickles, may I call you that?) comment about the marriage equipment! I was also wondering what the picture would be... :-)
monkey143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2004, 9:57 AM   #8

Beautiful shots, sergio. #2 really does it for me. You should print it out, frame it, and display it as a symbol of the love the two of you have for each other.
geoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2004, 10:23 AM   #9

monkey143 wrote:
Quote:
Ferny and Pickles, may I call you that?
Sure, if you want to. But it's only fair to tell you, she does most of the typing. I'm normally curled up asleep or busy digging holes.
ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2004, 11:13 AM   #10

OK - I'll call you Pickles/Ferny (P/F) instead of the other way around. You probably also chase your tail and lick things you're not supposed to, in public. Like other peoples' hands. :-)
monkey143 is offline   Reply With Quote