Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Jun 20, 2004, 11:58 PM   #11

it's a good idea...PM me!

lol

Vito
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2004, 9:57 AM   #12

I've now gone back to the white one. The loading times have improved but the reason for doing it is this. I can't send or read messages in the black skin. There is a problem with the way the java script has been used which prevents it from working properly in my browser.
ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2004, 12:56 PM   #13

Has anyone had any problems with this site loading really slowly or not at all in the last few days. I just tried to get on a few minutes ago and couldn't get the site at all. Then after about 5 minutes i tried again and got on after waiting for it to load for about three minutes. Anyone else had this problem ?.
jackrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2004, 2:49 PM   #14

I noticed a few days ago. I always seems to happen in the evening for me. I've put it down to the extra bandwidth needed for the uploaded images and the Americans logging on.
Old Jun 22, 2004, 3:51 PM   #15

Yes you could be right ferny. :-)
jackrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2004, 7:29 PM   #16

It could also be how busy Englandis at the moment. I find the best time is in the morning. Being on the East coast of the U.S., by the time I get on, England is at work and the rest of the U.S. is still asleep. I find the worst hour of the day is 5 p.m. my time.
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2004, 8:15 PM   #17

I haven't noticed any of that - but until I was made a moderator, my message flag consistently said "1 new message" and highlighted an old message. Finally went off and got itself right. Other than that, the pages are behaving well for me. :-)
monkey143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2004, 5:18 AM   #18

At 5pm there its 11-12pm here isn't it? Lots of people have gone to bed then. It's more likely that people are getting in from work and school and using the computer there. There aren't enough UK users to make a difference, I don't think. Unless your ISP bounces you off of Europe before you get to this site.

It could also be your ISP itself. We had connection problems here and when I phoned them up I was told to expect a slow connection during the evenings because so many people where I live are using the internet. Silly me, I though paying for a certain speed would allow you to use it to its fullest all of the time. :roll:
Old Jun 23, 2004, 12:39 PM   #19

I have cable, so when I say things slow down, it's actually hardly worth noticing. Cable functionsas a LAN, so the more people online in a specific section, the slower it runs, but it's still a thousand per cent faster than a telephone modem. I was just figuring that, if my cable could slow down a bit, what must it be like on a telephone modem?!
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote