Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Jun 17, 2004, 3:07 PM   #1

Just in case you missed the announcement and long to get back to a light background, the other color schemes have been restored. Go into your account and reset your preferences.

All is peaceful once again.
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 17, 2004, 6:07 PM   #2

Whilst there is a slightly off topic thread. I didn't feel it was worth opening a thread dedicated to this. I spent some of today flicking through the 18 pages of this forum to see what I've missed. I must say, you've set some great challenges. Ones that I wish I'd have taken part in at the time. I can always set myself them and post my entries in another forum though can't I. There are some great ideas in these posts. Stuff to really test you whether you're a beginner or seasoned amateur.
ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2004, 6:48 PM   #3

Always something to learn! :-)
monkey143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2004, 6:52 PM   #4

I've thought about that very thing, of how new people periodically discover this forum, but only after it's been running for a while. And yes, you can always run through the older challenges, give them a go, post them in another of the forums, and then if you want us to all gang up on you there, just post the link to the other pic in your post for the current challenge. It's your thread to do with as you please, right?
Old Jun 18, 2004, 2:54 AM   #5

The book cover challenge was a good idea but i was just learning how to use a camera at the time. I might have a go at one sometime. :-)
jackrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2004, 7:21 AM   #6

The book cover was actually Selvin's excellent idea. It's a huge amount of fun to play with, and it can be adjusted to your own interests, not just in reading, but also by changing it to an album cover or any of a number of other things--even the cover for a restaurant menu. (This came to mind because we all seem to love food-related photography...or is it just food itself?)
Old Jun 18, 2004, 7:31 AM   #7

Yes , i noticed there was a lot of food about. :-)
Old Jun 18, 2004, 9:17 AM   #8

I've gone back to the black background. It's not better but is soooooo much faster. Not just to load but to respond to requests to. I've had flies fall from the sky between button presses. I click post when they're being born and by the time the page starts to load they've come to the end of their life. Poor little guys.
That could be a good idea for a challenge (not the dead flies one, although a challenge where we have to show either life or death could be good), looking back at all of the old challenges and we pick one of them. Some people could pick the colour blind one and someone else could do the contrast challenge. TV shows throw out programs where it is just a clip show. Who's to say you can't do one? It's your forum to do with as you please, right?

As you've mentioned the book cover challenge and turning it into something else I might as well tell you another idea I had. Single covers. We pick a song and then design the cover it would use if it were released as a single. Probably a bit to close to the book cover challenge though.
ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2004, 10:40 AM   #9

That's an excellent idea: revisiting old challenges, member's choice.
Old Jun 18, 2004, 11:22 AM   #10

ferny, i had an idea like yours. I was thinking of photos representing musical artists,groups or song titles. :-)