Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Jun 22, 2004, 1:43 PM   #11

Stop it I'm drooling!

When I grow up I'm gonna get me a toy like that!.
Psycho Budgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2004, 2:47 PM   #12

I'm never going to grow up but my next new car may very well be a Miata. :-)
monkey143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2004, 7:34 PM   #13

One of the hotter Miatas, I hope. The last time I was out test driving for a new car--well, newer, that is--I drove a cute little red Miata. The poor thing couldn't get out of its own way. If it was good in turns, I couldn't tell because it had no acceleration. Bought a used Saab instead. It looks sedate, but boy can it ever handle. My son keeps yelling at me to act my age.
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22, 2004, 8:11 PM   #14

Oh, look - I made 1000 posts! Happy milestone to me! :-)Actually, Barbara, the newer ones with the revved up engines might be too dangerous for me. I had a little 323 (about the size of a civic) and was rear-ended about8 years ago. The cop said he had no idea how I managed to get out unscathed in a car that small. The trunk was in the glove compartment. I bought an Accord and am happy with that - wouldn't drive a Miata fast, or on the highway because of that. Funny thing is, I let the 3 years torte expire (I'm not litigious) but the guy was totally in the wrong because he wasn't paying attention - to signs or traffic or even his vehicle. Five years ago we got a new employee at work. The first thing she said to me was, "you're the woman my husband hit! We were praying you wouldn't sue us - you could have gotten everything we had. We are so grateful."

And you know how your mother always told you to wear clean underwear because you never know when you'll be in an accident? I was in my pajamas and slippers, taking my vacuum to my husband's shop when it happened, and he had to go with the car as it was towed. Two miles from home. I had to walk home. In my pajamas. And slippers. I did get a nice round of applause. Can you see why I am as weird as I am?!??! :-)
Old Jun 22, 2004, 8:33 PM   #15

We have certain, shall we say, peculiarities in common. Waking up late the morning of a final exam in college, knowing I had only 5 minutes tomake itacross campus, there was but one choice: remove pajama pants, throw on raincoat, and run like a crazy woman. I wore that nasty raincoat for a 2-hour exam, but it was the 60's. No one looked or acted normal back then.

But you have me beat, parading on home in your jammies without the benefit of a raincoat.
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2004, 5:29 AM   #16

Miata's are called MX5's here (just for the confused Europeans ). I'm not a fan of them, but they're meant to be good in corners. You have to take into account it is an old chassis though. It's a shame you don't get the Civic Type-R in America, you'd like it. I'll own a Cobra 427 one day. But I think I'd have to win the lottery. Not just to buy one but to afford the petrol. :lol:
ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2004, 7:01 AM   #17

I think the MX5 has made it here and they're billing it as the Miata's next generation - it's got more power, I think. That's the one I DON'T want. I'd take the one Barbara drove, for my own safety around town. :-)
Old Jun 23, 2004, 7:07 AM   #18

In Japan and America (possibly Australia to) it's called the Miata. But over here it has been called the MX5 since day one. It's funny how they're changing the name there and not here. Still, it will make it cheaper to make. They only need one mould for the badges. :lol:

I'm taking a wild stab in the dark, but the one bcoultry drove was probably the 1.4.
ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2004, 7:59 AM   #19

OK, ferny, you have 666 posts. Hurry, post another! :evil:

Either way, they're just fun cars. And just my size! Hubby probably thinks we don't need a "fun" car. But as long as I'm buyin' I guess i can get what I want (probably another Accord when mine poops out).