Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Jun 25, 2004, 11:37 PM   #1

Title should make this self explanatory. Original was natural against agray concrete slab so I adjusted to B&W, doctored the background a tad and adjusted contrastjust a bit.....

Sponsored Links
Old Jun 26, 2004, 6:16 AM   #2

This is so lovely! I especially like the intricaties of the ornamental and thesubtle shading of the background.
monkey143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2004, 7:27 AM   #3

Thank you Ms. M......That background is as I mentioned, concrete, butthe expansion joints were distractive as compared to the fine detail of the grasses,soI "erased" them....
Old Jun 26, 2004, 7:52 AM   #4

This is a photo that makes me want to play. It's great just as is, but what if it were softened or what if it hadgeometric shapesadded that appeared like photographic gels? And could little silhouetted figures be planted in amongst the foliage? Give me two more minutes and I'll come up with ten more ideas. This is a picture that could be seen many different ways.
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2004, 8:20 AM   #5

:idea: .... time is up ........ play as in the tree with your son;s face in the trunk, ala, Salvador Dali ...... do I sense some influence in you.??

I like the ideas you mention, just not sure how to implement right now.

Checking internet in between"honey-do's". Having a Bash here on the 4th so I need to start preparing early........

Old Jun 26, 2004, 3:09 PM   #6

RGRotts wrote:
Quote:
:idea: .... time is up ........ play as in the tree with your son;s face in the trunk, ala, Salvador Dali ...... do I sense some influence in you.??
Time certainly was up. I turned off the computer and that son and I went garage sale hunting. Found a gooseneck desk lamp that's perfect for photography and my son found a derby hat that got our oddball brains working on pictures that could include such a hat.

Influence is all over the place. Surrealism, impressionism, old masters, abstract...you name it, I've beeninfluenced. There's nothing like fine art to get the juices flowing.
Old Jun 26, 2004, 6:54 PM   #7

RGRotts wrote:
Quote:
Checking internet in between"honey-do's". Having a Bash here on the 4th so I need to start preparing early........
When's the party? And my invitation must have gotten lost. I won't eat much, really, because I AM satisfied (Barbara) but I'll bring a covered dish and my camera!
Old Jun 27, 2004, 9:36 AM   #8

You would be welcome anytime.....just email for directions.....
Old Jun 27, 2004, 10:57 AM   #9

Cute ragamuffin avatar! I'll have to switch mine, since we're all switching pet avatars! :-)
Old Jun 27, 2004, 12:05 PM   #10

NO, Betsy, DON'T switch your avatar! We all need that wonderful smile of yours.