Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Jun 28, 2004, 5:27 PM   #1

I really like to work with natural lite and to shoot outdoors. I do and have set up shots, especially for this challenge, however I am much more at home in the outdoors. it has rained about 15"s here in the last month. Needless to say the sun hasn't shone much. I was crossing the yard and I saw the sun shining thru the sycamore and thought , yea, i will shoot it and turn it monochrome. So here is another B&W for Barb. Feel free to start a useless chatter thread here. LOL

DX6490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 28, 2004, 5:39 PM   #2

I like the concept. The leaves are sharp. There is a horizontal gradient in the background. I don't know if that was intended or not. It is somewhat distracting.

The branch sticking up beyond the top of the photo on the left side really bothers me. I think it makes the picture look "unfinished". As many people here have become aware, I am not a big fan of modifying content of a photo with PS or PSP, but in this case, I think I would clone out that branch.
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2004, 7:00 PM   #3

Funny, but I rather like the way that branch on the left divides off approximately one-third ofthe frame. And I like the variation in the sky, too, because it makes the center appear even brighter.

Shaking your head in confusion, Rick?

Hey, Cal, one of these days you and I will be in total agreement and we'llhost a great big party--in one of Rick's threads, of course.:-)
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2004, 7:05 PM   #4

I used a graduated neutral density and a circular polarizer. I had the dark part at the top. I also like leading lines. the limb guides the eye to the main focus, the leaves. I do this a lot in my landscape and scenery pics.
DX6490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2004, 7:32 PM   #5

I also like the dividing line. The thing that grabs my eye that shouldn't is that little shadow of the cloud on the lower edge. But this is really nice. I like the shading. Good submittal!:-)
monkey143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2004, 10:48 PM   #6

If two partners in a business always agree with one another, one of them is not necessary. However, the business will not grow as well as it would if they disagreed some of the time.

I don't know who said the first part but I added the second part. I call 'em as I see 'em and my opinion is not always the majority opinion.

Why, Barbara, I think we agreed just today when I posted a comment about the bridges and fisherman. So I don't always have the dissenting view! :-)
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2004, 3:27 AM   #7

Nice one DX. :-)
jackrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2004, 7:08 AM   #8

calr wrote:
Quote:
Why, Barbara, I think we agreed just today when I posted a comment about the bridges and fisherman. So I don't always have the dissenting view! :-)
No, sometimes I'm the one with the dissenting viewpoint.:-)But you're right--we did agree, didn't we? Rick has to supply food for our party, all of it that luscious Louisiana stuff he's been showing us over the months.
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29, 2004, 7:24 AM   #9

Nice one, dx6490 !
brtsergio is offline   Reply With Quote