Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Jun 30, 2004, 4:41 PM   #11

zoomn wrote:
Quote:
I think your "high five" was one of the more creative ones.

That was cool how you did that.
Well, it was creative, but not natural. I was just trying to continue learning my PS technique - I really like the Selection Brush tool in PSE2!
geoffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2004, 7:12 PM   #12

I like the selection brush, also, but sometimes when I use it to select for cutting and pasting, I get a haze throughout the area. I checked to make sure the brush and layer are 100% opacity and I'm not missing any parts in my selection. Any idea why it might be doing this? Anyone else having this problem? :roll:
monkey143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2004, 8:20 PM   #13

Yes, I've noticed the same thing, especially in places where I've made the selection but then use the brush to subtract from the selection - pixels in the area subtracted still get a "little" bit affected. Huh?

I thinks the software has bugs, or something I am too naive about is going on. Being a software programmer myself, I can easily believe it's both :-)
Old Jun 30, 2004, 9:55 PM   #14

make sure your brush is "hard"....lol...make sure the edges aren't soft, and the opacity is 100%....but my ps (version 7) doesn't have a selection brush....lol

vito
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2004, 10:09 PM   #15

Vito, that's it! My brush hardness was set for 0%. You're good to have around, you know that? :-)
Old Jun 30, 2004, 10:45 PM   #16

glad i can help

Vito
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2004, 3:53 AM   #17

PSP8 has a selection brush, I tried for my "Not Real" post but it kept missing big chunks. I'll have to check my settings. When I want to select something I duplicate the layer and then use the "erase background" tool. You keep your finger down on the mouse button and move the curser around the outside of the object. It works on colours (just like the selection tool (I think)) and deletes everything up to a big change in tone/colour. Then I clean it up a little. The reason for duplicating the layer is so I have the original there and I have something to check my editing against. Every time I want to select something I duplicate the original layer and proceed as above. Long winded, but works.
ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2004, 7:03 AM   #18

I figured the hard brush might help the problem - but I wanted a soft edge, without having to feather too much, so I purposely left the brush somewhat soft and made sure my selection strokes overlapped a good bit - still didn't work. Guess I'll have to use a hard brush and really feather it good next time. I'll see if that helps.
monkey143 is offline   Reply With Quote