Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Jul 12, 2004, 10:30 PM   #1

The title got chopped off. It's actually supposed to say "I thought You Were Driving This Thing".

This is my first post to Steve's Digicam forums. Hope this photo posts ok. It was taken about 3 weeks ago while covering the local jet boat races for the local paper. Shot with a Nikon D1h, 80-200 f/2.8, 1/160 sec f/13.

Photo did not work in this initial post, and can not get it to work, so I deleted the attempt, and posted it below.
wingspar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 13, 2004, 12:02 AM   #2

No picture.
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2004, 12:25 AM   #3

Shows up fine on my monitor. What's the secrete to posting a photo here? It's on my pbase account, and I put the [img] [/img] tags like the instructions said to. I tried uploading from my hard drive, but the preview just showed a link.
Old Jul 13, 2004, 4:34 AM   #4

You might have it protected in some way.

http://image.pbase.com/u47/wingspar/...ace45_8319.jpg

Quote:
You don't have permission to access /u47/wingspar/upload/30097538.boatrace45_8319.jpg on this server.
ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2004, 4:56 AM   #5

I can see it OK. Nice shot wingspar. :-)
jackrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2004, 9:05 AM   #6

The image is not protected in any way. It can be seen here http://www.pbase.com/image/30097538 if my effort in this post doesn't work. Posting to different forums can be a challenge. I'm going to try it one more way here. The way it has to be done when posting to another site. Let me know if this works any better.

Old Jul 13, 2004, 9:10 AM   #7

jackrussell wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for looking. Every forum software seems to work differently in how one posts a photo. I searched all over the place, and the only thing I could find was to make sure the [img] [/img] tags were used, which I did, and I see the photo fine.

I tried uploading from my hard drive, when previewed, it just showed up as a link, so I used the link to my pbase account. If uploading from my hard drive, does the link show as the photo when you actually post it vs previewing the post?
Old Jul 13, 2004, 9:46 AM   #8

wingspar wrote:
Quote:
jackrussell wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for looking. Every forum software seems to work differently in how one posts a photo. I searched all over the place, and the only thing I could find was to make sure the [img] [/img] tags were used, which I did, and I see the photo fine.

I tried uploading from my hard drive, when previewed, it just showed up as a link, so I used the link to my pbase account. If uploading from my hard drive, does the link show as the photo when you actually post it vs previewing the post?
Good photo wingspar, it gave mea giggle, the second attempt worked (for me). Posting on forums should be the same, the ones that use bb code that is.
Invision, phpbb, wowbb, vBulletin, ubb, snitz, yabb, etc, etc... all use [img] tags.

When you attach a file and preview the post, it uploads the file and gives you a link. When you click post the photo will appear. If it is over a certain size (dimensionally) then it will still show the link. But clicking the link will show the photo.

Just like this.
Attached Images

ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2004, 11:09 AM   #9

I love this photo - I had to do a double-take. It looks like the captain's chairs are aliens with helmets, on first glance, to me! :-)welcome to our forum. Sorry for the initial difficulty but I hope you stick around. You'll find us a friendly lot. :-)
monkey143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2004, 12:53 PM   #10

ferny wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Good photo wingspar, it gave mea giggle, the second attempt worked (for me). Posting on forums should be the same, the ones that use bb code that is.
Invision, phpbb, wowbb, vBulletin, ubb, snitz, yabb, etc, etc... all use [img] tags.

When you attach a file and preview the post, it uploads the file and gives you a link. When you click post the photo will appear. If it is over a certain size (dimensionally) then it will still show the link. But clicking the link will show the photo.

I've posted this photo in another forum, and it has the tendency to make people look several times. Even I still get a kick out of looking at it, and I've looked at it hundreds of times. It's a shot that came out exactly as I was trying for.

Thanks for the info. Different forums require different ways to post a photo. I've not been to a photography forum where tags were needed to post a photo, but now I know. I'll use the upload from hard drive now that I know how that works if I want to post something I don't have up on my pbase account. All my photos are 640px on the longest dimension since I've got used to that from the Fred Miranda Forum.