Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Jul 15, 2004, 4:45 AM   #1

These are not the greatest photos or whatever but I smile when I remember these cameras and thats why Ive kept them.

These first two are of my parents old brownie that came over from england with them to Australia in 1958, it still has it's original case. All of my brothers and sisters childhoods (there are 6 of us) and my own were catalogged with this little camera in black and white and color. It took quite good little photos.

What I like about these next shots is how advanced we all thought this camera was in 1973. My parents got this to photograph the youngest child, my brother born in 1971. However they reverted back to the kodak box brownie a fair bit.

and the instructions too:-)

This next camera was Dads first SLR. It has a history being that it was a camera man from the local newspaper camera. he knew Dad and sold it to him when he upgraded in the mid to late 1970s. Dad took a lot of good photos with this and passed it on to me some years later. I took some reasonable shots with it.

weve come a long way havent we:-)

aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 15, 2004, 9:09 AM   #2

Your byline, first of all, reminds me of the Statler Bros (I think) song, "Do you remember these?" and they go through a bunch of things from the 50's.

I remember all those cameras! And most of them do well on ebay today... :-)
monkey143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2004, 7:11 PM   #3

Being an O.F., I usedthat nice littleBrownie when I was a kid, and I still remember the magic of the Polaroid when it came out.Too bad that photos from the latter weren't able to stand the test of time.

--Barbara
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2004, 6:36 AM   #4

You're right! I remember my mom using those stinky chemical sticks (I liked the smell) and us watching it do its "new" magic! :-)
monkey143 is offline   Reply With Quote