Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Jul 16, 2004, 2:59 PM   #11

No. 2 for the win! I don't care if it's the "perfect" framing, really, but it is a really nice one. There's enough sharpness left that I have a feeling what flowers are in the foreground, I can imagine that you maybe pulled them a bit apart ... carefully ... and then waited for the sun to shine on the lily. A hot day came to an end, now the warm sun gives that "coming home" feeling to the tired wanderer and then you spotted that precious little gem in the water.

No. 2 - no doubt.
thkn777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2004, 3:20 PM   #12

Imagination is great "triple 7" but I didn't touch anything except the shutter release and the monopod grip. I was so tired that I didn't even consider touching anything. All I wanted to do was get back in the air conditioned car....it was nearly high noon and nearly cloudless (note the short shadow of the water lilly)

Earlier I had removed a dead daylilly flower in order to get a better shot ona group ofothers in prime bloom nearby. I didn't realize that I got purple pigment from the dead flower head all over my hand and when I realized it,thought I had it on my face too. Fortunately, my LCD turned off was enough of a mirror to convince myself that I didn't look like a 2 year old with a grape popsicle all over my face...LOL at the time....

Thanks for the vote...and I like your imaginative interpretation.....Bob

Old Jul 16, 2004, 3:22 PM   #13

I would add a frame to it - but a black one. A highlight in a corner, some words in the color of the lily... voila! Here it comes ... what do you say? (Hope you dont mind working with your image...)

Darnit! The forum has black background too ... grrrr. Better you download and watch :roll:
Attached Images

thkn777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2004, 3:24 PM   #14

I love it....really nice...& I don't mind at all....Thanks again.
Old Jul 16, 2004, 3:32 PM   #15

Yippee! A very fine example of why those still using the black background at the forumshould STOP using it. It's not a good background for a lot of photos, and when it is, the proper-sized black framing gets lost in the black background.

Very nice job Thkn777. (Sure hope that isn't your real name.:-))

--Barbara
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2004, 8:14 PM   #16

bcoultry wrote:
Quote:
Very nice job Thkn777. (Sure hope that isn't your real name.:-))
Biblically, 7 is the number ofcovenant: 6 (humanity) plus1 (God) = 7 (a covenant). Anything to dowith your name? :-)
monkey143 is offline   Reply With Quote