Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Jul 23, 2004, 7:33 AM   #11

Okies, I got the basics of forum navigation, and all that happy stuff. Used to mod on a frog related board when I had more time on my hands. Glad to be here. I'm gonna go do a little dig through the archive here and see if I can find something I'd like worked on.
wes nile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2004, 10:13 AM   #12

Hi, and welcome! We hope you've come to stay! Nice avatar, and clever title! I see ferny's welcomed you appropriatedly and answered your questions. Can't wait to see your ideas and original photos to play with! :-)
monkey143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2004, 6:59 PM   #13

Hi, and thanks. I cropped that out of a botched photo that I was monkeying around with. I try to do something with every photo. The bad ones turn into something nifty usually.
wes nile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2004, 6:00 AM   #14

You're right - they do! I'm pretty much a recycler all the way around - waste no part of the animal! :-)
Old Jul 25, 2004, 12:58 AM   #15

A friend and I do this all the time to each others stuff. We'll shot an e-mail off with a shot we like, nad 20 minutes later we get a reply back with a totally different spi on the same picture. It's kinda fun. Makes you think outside the box.My only remark would be to not be offended if someone does something totally wacky with your pictures!
Basement Shows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2004, 7:25 AM   #16

Yeah - that's why I posted a "disclaimer" in the challenge. Ferny's done the funniest things - I love it! :-)
Old Jul 25, 2004, 2:45 PM   #17

Good idea for a challenge, I've done several and I am enjoying it... I need to find a picture though...
rob_strain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2004, 3:53 PM   #18

monkey143 wrote:
Quote:
Ferny's done the funniest things - I love it! :-)
Thanks monkey. It was really nice to say that.
ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2004, 7:16 PM   #19

Well, it's true, ferny! :-)As my hubby would say, "I'm NOT being nice.(:roll I'm being honest."
Old Jul 30, 2004, 11:04 AM   #20

Monkey and Vito,
As I said, I am sitting this one out. However, I have been looking at what people are doing. Some of it, I really like. On the other hand, some of it, I really dislike. I am paying particular attention to the techniques being used. I have been using PSP for years (since version 3 which was shareware). However there is a free copy of PSE that came with one of my scanners. I have decided to "dust it off" and see what it has to offer. I found a good book on it at B. Dalton and I am impressed with what I see. I didn't know it had stitching capabilities. So guess what I'm going to doing for the near future. Did you guess panoramas?

Anyway, to echo what someone else posted a couple days ago, kudos to the two of you on your fine work in this forum. I look forward to seeing your comments and your photos, as well. Carry on.

Cal Rasmussen
calr is offline   Reply With Quote