Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Jul 25, 2004, 7:43 PM   #11

ferny wrote:
Quote:
Nice avatar Amy, again.
...so nice you could steal it?!? :-)

These are all really great, because you've given us such a fantastic subject to start with. Amy, yours reminds me of a kaleidoscope. Ghost, I think I like yours best. They are all fantastic abstracts, all ones I'd be glad to hang on my wall. :-)
monkey143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2004, 3:25 AM   #12

monkey143 wrote:
Quote:
ferny wrote:
Quote:
Nice avatar Amy, again.
...so nice you could steal it?!? :-)
Without giving too much away in another thread. Yes! :lol:
ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2004, 4:40 AM   #13

I don't know if this is a makeover since I used the picture to create a more abstract image and the original isn't recognizeable in the result. Anyway, it's different.

Did a radial blur (spin)
Radial Blur again (zoom)
Lens flare (35mm)
Lens flare (105mm)
photo_mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2004, 6:54 AM   #14

Very nice, photo_mage! :-)This is up there with Ghosts' for my favorite!
Old Jul 26, 2004, 1:47 PM   #15

nice, photo_mage!

Ahh I undertsand it all now.. I was wondering why he would steal it!
discodudette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2004, 5:24 PM   #16

Did someone mention a Kaleidoscope? :lol:

Three images here so I'll supply links rather than post the pictures.

Number 1
Number 2
Number 3

If you keep going and going the patterns get more intricate.
Number 4
Old Jul 27, 2004, 6:01 AM   #17

A little off topic, but semi related I guess.

Found a use for the one I made already. Http://portfolio.webjolt.net It's a work in progress, so bear with it. So primarily none of the funtions other than displaying the menu, and the whatever you wanna call it that I made for the intro page.

It's pretty much a flash site nestled in an html index page so far. But all the image's were cooked up by me in photoshop.

wes nile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2004, 8:12 AM   #18

You mean you're going to use an image based on my photo and not give me any credit? That's a bit naughty.

:lol:
Old Jul 27, 2004, 9:16 AM   #19

This link for your photo, wes, won't load on my computer, even with DSL service at work. If this is ferny's photo that you doctored up and posted with no credit on another site, ferny's right - it's a big "no-no" and up to ferny if he wants to grant permission and his conditions if he does. I highly recommend that you PM him post haste on that, since there are some liability issues here. And please, ferny PM me to let me know you're in agreement. If I don't get that PM today, I'll have to delete that reply and link. We're all reasonable so if this "borrowing" is the case, I'm sure it was a simple misunderstanding that can be cleared up quickly.

If it's not your modification offerny's photo, wes, I'll shut my yap, because I can't see the pic. I'm just guessing based on the content of the two posts. :-)

And since I'm sure it's a mistake that you didn't give credit where credit is due, I hope I haven't frightene you away, wes! Copyright infringement is a big issue and really sticky with anything on the internet so I need to be explicit and stand firm to keep the peace. I just hope I haven't frightened you away - you do fantastic work and I'd love for you to stick around! :-)You're an asset to the site, as we all are in one way or another.

Old Jul 27, 2004, 2:29 PM   #20

Thats the whole point of me posting here. Was to show what I did with it and get persission really. I can change the image out to anything I want. Thats not a problem. I didn't come here to take credit for fernys photo... Nor do i wanna steal anyones imagery. But when I was sitting down in flash I thought of an idea for this. It takes about 3-4 minutes for the site to load cause its flash. I haven't done preloaders yet for the pagges. But i'll save myself the trouble and forget the idea, use my own photo, and keep the project 100% mine them. (ps, who said I don't give credit to people when I have completed the project?)
wes nile is offline   Reply With Quote