Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Jul 26, 2004, 1:36 PM   #21

Congrats on your permit! :-)
monkey143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2004, 1:42 PM   #22

thanks! It's really not that hard to get...

one question was

Whats percentage blood alcohol is legal to be driving with for a person under 18?

a) 2%

b)1%

c) .2%

d) no alcohol is leagl in a person under 21

lol it was relaly that easy.
discodudette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2004, 1:51 PM   #23

LOL. You mean it's not 2%?:-)
Old Jul 26, 2004, 3:08 PM   #24

Ahh... I remember my driving test. On my practical test I almost went through a red light and turned a three point turn into a 37 point turn. Including a bump on the curb which I disguised by jumping on the brakes when I was miles away from curb on the next part of the manoeuvre. So he would think that is what I did the first time. It must have worked. I passed with only a note on my observation. :lol:
He said I wasn't looking in my left mirror when coming off of roundabouts, which I was doing. :roll:

I didn't have the best instructor in the world. I used to have two hour lessons. Which gave him plenty of time to make me drive to the middle of nowhere so he could drop off stuff to some people. Good experience though, driving at 60mph down a dusty road full of pot holes with your instructor saying "go on, you can go faster on this road". :lol:
One lesson involved me driving to the local Citroen centre to sit in the new C2 to see if I liked it whilst he went and got his golf clubs out of his car to see if they would fit in the boot of the C2. :-)
He seemed to disappear for a couple of weeks every month to. Not nice when driving is new to you because you can easily forget what it feels like to drive and have to start from scratch the next time.

Ok, winge over.
ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2004, 3:34 PM   #25

LOL - my mom said she could tell I was going to fail when the 6'5"tester hauled himself out of the prior car with a scowl and failure to that driver, got into our teeny little Omni and reached for the lever to push his passenger front seat back into the trunk as far as possible, and grabbed the wrong lever - the back of the seat pivoted down and there he was, flat on his back and staring at the ceiling. I think I was 1/2" too far from the curb on my parallel park, and mom was right. :roll::-)She usually is, tho! :-)
Old Jul 27, 2004, 9:17 AM   #26

I had a similar experience on my first driving test. The examiner was the mom of a friend of mine. I don't think she knew who I was, but her reputation was to not pass anyone on their first attempt. They 2 things she got me for were failling to yield and bad lane placement. For failing to yieldthe oncoming car was a over a block away, had their turn signal on, and was pulling into a driveway. The lane placement was on an unmarked road, where I was driving over what would have been the center line. The parked cars that prevented me from driving in the correct place were not noted on the exam form.
estill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2004, 9:55 AM   #27

Hilarious! Perhaps you should have driven INTO those other parked cars. At least you would have passed! But only a good idea if it was not your car. :-)