Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Jul 25, 2004, 8:03 PM   #11

I like that one ferny, it made me laugh Wanted to see what it would look like if we merged our two together.

Attached Images

choeschen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2004, 8:05 PM   #12

Wow, you're a young'un! LOL - forgive my ignorance - we don't have TV here anymore (our choice for awhile) so I probably wouldn't recognize many famous faces. That's a picture to be proud of and cherish!:-)Hubby's impressed with the four stars. He was also in the Air Force (tho nowhere near as well-decorated or -accomplished as General Richard B. Myers, nor with such a long history of military successes). :-)
monkey143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2004, 8:07 PM   #13

Ferny, I got the lightning from this site:

http://www.air-and-space.com/lightning.htm

Monkey143, I have taken several pictures of just clouds as you never know when you will need them
Old Jul 25, 2004, 8:10 PM   #14

Great idea, choeschen! I realized that was a good thing to do a couple months back, with a crappy sky in a picture. :-)
Old Jul 26, 2004, 3:31 AM   #15

Thanks for the kind words about my picture. Good idea choeschen. The only edit I would make is to give it a slight brown hue. With mine I duplicated the layers and applied a sapia filter. Then reduced it's opacity to a low number. It makes it look like it has come from an old picture of an old film. It's only a subtle edits, but makes a big difference.
ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2004, 8:39 AM   #16

I've thought before about creating a website which would be a database for images that people could use freely. Things such as clouds and landscapes. Or anything else that people could use. But, as things stand, my pockets aren't deep enough to pay for the bandwidth I'd expect it to use. And I don't know of any free high bandwidth hosts which allow you to use php and mysql. I'd need that to create something so people can upload their own images.

It would be nice if one existed thought. I don't know of any that do.
ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2004, 9:11 AM   #17

I don't know of any, either. I've often looked for a specific clip art or background for work and they're not free, that I've found. Maybe one or two, but not the ones I want! :-)
Old Jul 26, 2004, 10:17 AM   #18

Ferny,

I might be able to manage that on my site, I have 10GB of bandwidth a month and I only use about 300-400MB right now... I don't know how to the php and sql scripting to make it work though. I do have both options available... Let me know if that is going to be enough..
rob_strain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2004, 10:42 AM   #19

:roll:Yow. Now I know how my mom felt when we learned French instead of Latin and how to use a Commodore 64 and she had used an Underwood manual typewriter. LOST!
Old Jul 26, 2004, 12:28 PM   #20

ferny wrote:
Quote:
I've thought before about creating a website which would be a database for images that people could use freely. Things such as clouds and landscapes. Or anything else that people could use. But, as things stand, my pockets aren't deep enough to pay for the bandwidth I'd expect it to use. And I don't know of any free high bandwidth hosts which allow you to use php and mysql. I'd need that to create something so people can upload their own images.

It would be nice if one existed thought. I don't know of any that do.

I have partnered with a co-worker here who does web hosting. I can get you setup on his server. He has no bandwidth limitation on his connection but it currently is not the fastest due to lack of income, but that can change if he gets enough customers to pay for his line speed. I also am very familer with php and mysql and have setup several sites as complex as this one would be (even some that are more complex.) If you want I can see how much he will charge to host it and I can setup the backend sql database and even program the php front end.