Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

View Poll Results: Should Extreme Makeover be a permanent forum of its own?
No 3 15.00%
YUP! 17 85.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jul 29, 2004, 1:01 PM   #11

IF this goes through, the results and suggestion go to Steve who will make the final decision. It will be self-run like all other photo threads on this site with the exception of the weekly challene, unless someone volunteers to moderate it. :-)Is that you, Vito? You might find out you've bit off a lot in that offer... :-)
monkey143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2004, 1:19 PM   #12

well....true...but we can't add ANOTHER forum for steve to moderate himself....

if i'm needed, i'll mod...

vito
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2004, 3:15 PM   #13

OK, Vito - when I provide Steve with the information and he agrees, I will point him in your direction! :-)I'm sure we all thank you if you're serious!
Old Jul 29, 2004, 8:28 PM   #14

how bout me and sergio mod? or something like that...it was sergio's idea, so if he wants some power, why not?

wat will be involved in modding? just keeping things under control? or actually taking part in the threads?

Vito
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2004, 12:54 PM   #15

I vote Yes, also

with one suggestion...

I cannot speak forothers but I do find it sometimes difficult to give adequate consideration to all posts in the makeover forum given the total number of them...

Perhaps, we could suggest a limit of one-two per week...that way, the submissions could stay "up" longer and hopefully get more attention and more photographers' "eyes" and we could all learn more from each other.

Just a thought
digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2004, 2:37 PM   #16

Very astute, digcamfan! It is extremely time-consuming! As brtsergio suggested it, it would be an open forum, like any of the photo critique categories. So instead of (or in addition to) posting a picture of Aunt Ruth in people photos, you could post it under Extreme Makeover. People could comment or snatch and modify - or it could languish. It would be the area where modification would be welcome - if you posted it under people photos, changing and posting changes might not be so welcome. There would be no weekly assignment or challenge and, as it was suggested, have no moderator. Vito may change that if he keeps offering himself and others... :-)I would leave that up to Steve, once I forward to him the idea and poll, as at that point it would be out of my hands.
Old Aug 3, 2004, 11:32 AM   #17

Ahhhhhhhhhh..........

Now, I get it!

:idea:
digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2004, 11:51 AM   #18

For now, I am one of the two no votes. Basically, I do not really care if this becomes a forum or not. I did not participate in this challenge because all that is really being done is to see how other people work with photoshop, etc. My training and background was b/w film back in the 60's and 70's. At time, my teachers trained us to make the image we saw in the view finder to be the image that was developed. We did very little burning, dodging, etc. I try to do the same with my digital work. Since I shoot in raw, I do maniputale some of the image, but I always try to as liitle as possilbe. To give someone the ability to work on one of my images means to me, that I have not been able to get waht I want. If I can't get my image right, then how can someone else. Nobody kows what I was looking at or thinking when I snapped the shutter.

Anyway, that is my .01 cents (used to be .02 but you have to take into consideration inflation).

Gil
gmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2004, 12:27 PM   #19

gmaker wrote:
Quote:
If I can't get my image right, then how can someone else. Nobody kows what I was looking at or thinking when I snapped the shutter.
That is the beauty of the forum. They may not know what you were trying to do, but they can show you their interpretation and not necessarily have to fix it. You don't have to post bad photos either. You can post ones you took with the aim of posting them for others to play with. I guess I just like playing with Photoshop to. :lol:

Thanks for saying why you voted no, Gil. I was wondering why people would vote no.
ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 3, 2004, 7:39 PM   #20

I think this was a fun and educational challenge, but very time-consuming, considering my slllooooooowwwww dial-up! :-)It really doesn't matter to me if the forum is a go or no go but I did have a lot of fun with it and it is essential that all ideas get fair time - ideas like creating a new forum, ideas like this challenge suggestion, ideas that we all gave and received for our photos. Thanks for your opinion, gil! I somewhat agree, but I, like ferny, can't resist playing with whatever I can get my hands on. I think photoshop is amazing and I'd really like to learn it more. The forum, if it flies, would be more like an interpretive brainstorming workshop, not a clinic or hospital for wounded photos. I will enjoy taking peeks here and there if it makes it to this website, but if not, I probably won't miss it.

The poll runs until the middle of this month, at which time I will PM steve with the results, Vito's suggestion for moderator, and also the link to this thread. So make yourselves heard! In the meantime, get back to your Photoshop and cameras! :-)And get ready for the new challenge tomorrow. :-)