Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Aug 9, 2004, 10:06 AM   #11

yay..i was right

i'm not sure wat would cause that..maybe it was your use of wide angle?

Sergio knows about barrel distortion..maybe ask him?

Vito
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2004, 11:17 PM   #12

This is a great shot. I like how you were able to stay out ofthe shot too.
Basement Shows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2004, 8:11 AM   #13

Wow what an amazing structure. It must be awesome to stand there in person. i wonder what it would look like in heavy rain? A superb shot.
MVASteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2004, 9:07 AM   #14

I've been thinking about going back in other weather conditions. Lightning, night lighting on the skyline, dusk, very early at sun upover the lake,etc. The structure is 33 feet tall and 60 feet long, weighs 110 tons. I took then 2 months to polish it.....
Old Aug 10, 2004, 10:06 AM   #15

If you guys are talking about the "tilted building" effect it's because of the angle at which the picture is taken. Most of us probably don't notice this effect in our pictures because most of us do no live around skyscrapers. Take this picture for example. I framed a window at the office and tilted the camera up about 10 degrees. Notice how the top now looks tilted inwards? This is the effect you are seeing with the building. It's because of the angle at which the picture is taken gives the building a tilted look.
Attached Images

JinE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2004, 2:03 PM   #16

Wow, RGRotts...your bean photos are very, very impressive. Your "eye" for capturing great variety in the reflections on the bean is super.

Is its orientation E-W, N-S or ??? The reason I ask is this...I wonder how it might look near dawn or dusk.

The one that Suzan likes unmistakeably gives a great scale to the bean.

RGRotts, please be sure and submit your "bean best" to Steve's POTD before someone beats you to it.

Awesome series!

digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2004, 2:06 PM   #17

The bean is oriented north to south. In the first posting, I'm standing to the south east and it's around 7:30 -8:00am, therefore the low lying sun. not sure what you maen by the POTD???

Also, Bean 3is facing due east.

Just found the Photo of the Month. Just submitted this one, thanks for the heads up.

And thanks to everyone for all of the positive feedback. It's amazing how a casual trip and rathermindless approach canyield results. I was so awed by the sight of this thing that I wasn't real conscious of what I was doing. At one point I realized that my camera was set all wrong and hadn't noticed, so I reset and started again.

Old Aug 10, 2004, 3:09 PM   #18

I was just up there today and had to take a look at it. Unfortunately, the weather didn't really want to cooperate for picture taking. It was a solid gray cloud cover.

It is very impressive and you did a great job capturing it.
CShark is offline   Reply With Quote