Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Aug 11, 2004, 9:30 AM   #1

We just finished building the floor and fire pit. The camp fire is propane gas because of all the fire restrictions in Colorado. We are looking forward to camping in the tipi this weekend and not having to work . I took the picture just for documentation but after thought this might do for my weekly challenge picture. This was taken with my Canon 10D, Sigma 15-30, at ISO-100, 1/90 sec., F5.6
Attached Images

pclements is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 11, 2004, 10:24 AM   #2

wow, really feels like I am right in there too!
discodudette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2004, 3:01 PM   #3

This is beautiful! I bet you can't wait to use it. I've read about the trouble you guys are having with 5 years of drought, right?
monkey143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2004, 4:30 PM   #4

Yes we have had too many years of drought. This year has been better for most of Colorado.

My wife and I have always camped using a small tent and then had to fight the crowds. So this year we purchased some mountain property. The day we looked at this land we went to some friends house for dinner and somehow the conversation came up they had a tipi. So after looking at theirs my wife and I knew what we would put on the land. It's 22.5' across or about the same size a a two car garage. Looking up where the poles converge is very pleasing. And the best part is we are just 5 minutes from great trout fishing, moose watching (so I'm told), and a host of other photo opportunities.

We have about a month and a half left to enjoy it this year before we have to take down the tipi.
pclements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2004, 7:12 PM   #5

That sounds ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC! My husband and I went to ME on our honeymoon last October and were really hoping to see some moose. We were charmed by the little yellow signs along the highway warning us of stray moose.
monkey143 is offline   Reply With Quote