Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Aug 15, 2004, 12:14 AM   #1

The saw blade is being used as an air cleaner cover on a chopped Harely, the reflection is from the fuel tank of a Harley parked to the right. If you look very close you can make out the letters HARLEY DAVIDSON in red. Sorry if the picture is to large, I have no idea how to resize them other than change the actual file size.

Scottie
Attached Images

Scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 15, 2004, 10:29 AM   #2

Cool pic, scarey blade if the rider ever lays the bike down on that side....

Suggestion, check to see if your photo manipulation program has a resizing feature. It may permit resizing the image by pixels, in which case if you changethe width to 800, the height may automatically adjust itself to maintain the proper aspect ratio. Then save the file as a new name, or as a copy of the original. There may be other ways but I usually rename the adjusted file with an underscore followed by characters indicating what I did to the original, such as abcxyz_800.jpg tells me that the original abcxyz.jpg file was adusted to 800 pixels wide. Hope this helps / makes sense.
Old Aug 15, 2004, 1:15 PM   #3

Welcome aboard, Scotty! Nice submittal. There is so much going on in this photo that it really engages my mind. I like it alot.:-)
monkey143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 16, 2004, 9:15 PM   #4

Thanks
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but the program I'm using says it's been resized to 800 wide, sure doesn't appear that way. I'll post in the newbie forum for help.
I'll get the hang of it soon.

Thanks Again
Scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2004, 6:28 AM   #5

829x553 is what the properties say. On my system, once it loads large, it pops down to a full-screen shot. Looks good to me! :-)
monkey143 is offline   Reply With Quote