Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Sep 5, 2004, 2:10 PM   #1

Okay these are some lowkey nude portraits I took the other day. I kept the included within "good taste." Nothing worse than you would see at a museum.

Now that thats out of the way. This link will send you to the entry notes page for the gallery.

Http://portfolio.webjolt.net/gallery...dex-nudes.html
wes nile is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 6, 2004, 9:53 AM   #2

Nice job, wes - with the photos, as well as the warning before entering the site. The first two revealed the most but even they didn't show too much.

Nice job on low key!
monkey143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2004, 10:50 AM   #3

Thank you. I'm having a bit of trouble with highkey portraits though.
Old Sep 6, 2004, 6:13 PM   #4

I like the latter 3, but particularly the last one. The blinds really work well for a low-key light source. I do wish the model's ear wasn't so brightly lit; it distracts from the body, and where the shadow ends (lower right-hand corner) could be cloned to black and never missed.

As far as high-key goes, did you take a look at Harryed's baby shot ("Children")? I don't know how he got the light so even with the limited light sources, but combined with the +1 2/3 overexposure its a way better portrait shot than I was able to get despite trying. Maybe baby powder would help soften the skin contrasts as well?

-Seth
sjburges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 6, 2004, 7:01 PM   #5

Thanks for the tips. I'll definitely keep them in mind next time I plan a shoot. This was my seond attemp at it. the last photo with the blinds was from a different shoot, about 1200 photo's or so ago. It was the only one outta the batch that was any good. I have a feeling third time I try this will be a charm. The internet is just such a wealth of information, and I'm doing my best to sponge it all up. Everyones tips and pointers have been quite helpful. I'm only about 2100 photos into photography :lol:

Thanks guys. :-)