Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Sep 13, 2004, 8:13 PM   #11

I like when folks think outside of the box...what rules?

Hi Key and low key all in one...love it....
Old Sep 14, 2004, 7:16 AM   #12

I was born in 1968 but really got into Woodstock in college. Did you know Jimi Hendrix opened for the Monkees (not at Woodstock - at another, earliervenue)? LOL - they were bigger than he was and the crowd just booed him to frustration. When my husband and I drove to New England for our honeymoon, we drove on the New York Throughway ("New York Throughway is CLOSED, man!")but didn't stop at theYasgur farm (as if we'd know where it was.) :-)
monkey143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2004, 10:36 AM   #13

That booking of Hendrix and The Monkees was a major boondoggle....I think the Monkees were the headliner so most of the crowd wasn't prepared for what Jimi would do. Now Monterrey Pop was another story, Jimi's legendary guitar burning & Petet Townsend smashing his amps and guitar. Truth be known that Townsend didn;t want to have to go on after Hendrix because he knew what would happen. That's what led to him going nuts on stage and became the closure of a lot of Who concerts......I'm just a treasure trove of useless rock history trivia......can't help myself....Arlo Guthrie's kids make fun of what he said at Woodstock about the "Throughway" and "Lotta freaks!''

You might know it, post #300 and I'm not even talking about photography......still in another world I guess.
Old Sep 14, 2004, 3:47 PM   #14

News Flash!

At 3:30 AM in an attempt to rescue a little Pomeranian dog (that sorta looks like her dog, only male) that was stare'ing down cars in the middle of a very busy intersection. Freida Wolden took her dog, attached the lease and then used her dog as bait! Her dog (Pixel) is in heat (she may be 12 years old but she has still got that twinkle in her eye). Sure enough as she sat down on the front lawn the dog came out of the middle of the street to have a good sniff. After a time the lost little dog came right up next to Pixel and her.

Freida decided to grab the little dogs collar. Poor little thing was scared and since Freida did not think ahead, she had no lease to attach to it. The dog twisted and turned and pretty soon in the still of the night. A SNAP! Then she released the dog and realized she had re-broken her index finger on her right hand. That's the same finger she broke three days before her wedding 38 years ago!

She is now recuperating and will recover some day soon! Her wood turning career will be put on hold.

Update:
Her camera was delivered today, she will be using her middle finger to press the shutter button! And maybe at the dog too! Which, by the way, at 8-am, took off and ran home where the owner open the front door and welcomed him in after a good nights sleep.

The moral of the story, a broken finger is better than a splattered dog! I think?

My camera is here! Yeah! Thanks for the kind words! I like you!
Attached Images

freidaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2004, 7:36 PM   #15

ugh! A broken finger sure isn't any fun! And on the same day as your new camera arrived.... so sorry. You should do something nice and relaxing tonight. Perhaps you, Bob, and I can all meet at Alice's Restaurant (you can get anything you want... except an Alice!) for a nice cuppa joe. :-)
Old Sep 14, 2004, 9:18 PM   #16

Sounds good to me! Then we could sit in a circle and pass the pipe, oops, I mean photo's!

Well, now that I think of it, could we sit in chairs instead of the floor! Can't get up like the old days!
Old Sep 15, 2004, 9:11 AM   #17

Hows come every time I read your threads, frieda, Janice is on the radio? Not kidding... right now it's Piece of My Heart (which Faith Hill did NOT know was a remake when she remade it).
Old Sep 15, 2004, 2:22 PM   #18

Ha Ha When I was younger and was fussing with my husband (38 years) I'd play Ball & Chain and Piece of my Heart really loud while I was cleaning. He does not like my music since he is 18 years older than me! It got him out of the house for a while!

Now of course I actually watch Gunsmoke with him! How sad is that! he he :blah:
Old Sep 15, 2004, 3:21 PM   #19

I watched Gunsmoke regularly as a kid. Now if I bump into it on TV Land, I pause only to see if the episode features Miss Kitty or not. She is probably why I like redheads so much...and that older ladies could look good too.

Friedaw, given your apparent musical era, if it ever included Cat Stevens, his new DVD isvery worth renting if you can find itor buying.....Musically exceptional and a very interesting present day interview about his past, how and why he disappeared for 30 years and that he's somewhat "back"......My wife and I saw him live in the early 70's and this vid is up to his exceptional personal and musical standards.

I realize this isn't a music critique forum, but who reads this far down anyway....

Old Sep 16, 2004, 11:02 AM   #20

I do! :-)