Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Sep 15, 2004, 11:55 PM   #1

Well Monkey you had only one rule to follow but I manage to break it. Took this last week. My wife is a real estate agent and this is a home that she plans on listing. This photo willbe a part ofvarious promotions.
philby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 16, 2004, 11:03 AM   #2

Beautiful house, gorgeous photo! I hope she does sell it! The "rule" is only there to help you learn to look for certain things during an assignment - not a box to paint you in so I'm not grieving. :-)
monkey143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2004, 9:28 PM   #3

Old Sep 23, 2004, 9:29 PM   #4

Here it is used in a flier. The other shots were taken later…during the challenge period.
Old Sep 24, 2004, 3:00 AM   #5

What a beautiful house! Great pictures. I want to live there! I had a thought when I was looking at the little picture of the mountains. Is that by Mount Saint Helen? Or is that a fire? Could me my eye sight.

What beautiful photo's could be taken in those suroundings!

Nice layout! Certainly is appealing.

Freida
freidaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24, 2004, 11:18 AM   #6

Wow - that IS fantastic! And a good price, tho I like the east coast. If it were over here, I'd drag hubby to see it. For half that, here, you get a crackerboard house on a postage-stamp lotin townthat smells of cat urine and with carpet coming up (we know; we looked at one!)
Old Sep 24, 2004, 11:26 AM   #7

lol...you couldn't get anything in new jersey for 300 thousand...

it's pretty sad...the model homes all start at 350-400!(like...model HOMEs not mobile homes....they're nice..just expensive...andlook like the house 3 doors down from it )

nice job on the flying philby! it's got a professional look to it!

i think a less pixelly font would help it (unless it looks different printed)...

but the elements are placed very nicely!

beautiful house too!

Vito

photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2004, 10:31 AM   #8

Thank you for your comments. The mountain is Sauk Mt and it is 200 miles North of Mt St Helens. Those are cloud on the mountain. Vito, the post of the flier is a screen capture that is why the text looks a little grainy. Iused Comic San because the font seems open and friendly.
Old Sep 25, 2004, 2:21 PM   #9

vito, philby's right... Comic Sans looks smoother printed. It is a font that is great when you don't want a circus novelty (Curlz, Parry Hotter or WildWest) or stuffed-shirt (Garamond, Engravers,or Bookman). This is a great font to use for this purpose- it's somewhat playful, a little friendly without being goofy or losing credibility with too much frivolity. Much like visiting your favorite aunt or bookstore. :-)
Old Sep 26, 2004, 11:02 AM   #10

Great pic. Cool house, Nice price! I also like Comic Sans and Arial for their clarity, none of that formality of Times New Roman, yuk!.....So how long did you hang around in the crackerboard house Bets? Well described. Sounds like a teardown to me. A LOT of that is going on around where we live. Some of our "hoods" are very old with small well worn homes. With 50 x 180 foot lots going for over $150K, bulldozers are busy around here lately.