Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Oct 22, 2004, 9:32 AM   #1

This is a scan of an emulsion lift I did a couple of weeks ago.

ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 24, 2004, 11:34 AM   #2

Ferny, I've seen you post several of these emulsion lifts over the past couple months and I don't see the attraction in this process. I read up on the process and I think I understand how it works, but I simply do not care for the results. I have seen you post some great work but these emulsion lifts don't do it for me. Nothing personal.

Cal
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2004, 3:32 AM   #3

Thanks for the reply calr. I guess it appeals to the failed artist in me. I can't draw a straight line... These aren't very good for the internet. They're more about picking them up and holding them. They take on the texture of what you put the picture onto. Be it watercolour paper, glass or wood. The scanner can't show you that.
ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2004, 7:58 AM   #4

Acually, my initial reaction was "What's that?" and tended to agree with calr, but now that I look and think about what it really is, it's rather neat...I'd like to see-hold one....Are the colors affected by the color of the paper or material it's "attached" to? I would suspect so similar to the color of paper used for prints....

I wonder if this is how they get photos onto cakes....for my sister and my birthday (same day, 3 years apart) there was a photo of the 2 of us before our other two sisters were born....very cool with this B&W photo in ediuble icing that looked just like the original 8x10.