Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Oct 31, 2004, 11:51 AM   #1

Here are a couple of shots taken before sunrise from the sixth floor of a parking garage. The only illumination is the sodium vapor lights of the parking lot. These are NEF images. I tried adjusting the White Balance to incandescent in the NEF load window but it made the background too blue.

In the first shot, the area to the left is the Hatfield Government Station, which is the west terminus of our MAX light rail line. You can see a train waiting to depart. The building to the right is where I work. It is the Public Services Building shared by City of Hillsboro and Washington County.

The second picture is a lone tree in a different part of the parking lot seen in the first picture.

Nikon D100, Nikon 80-300mm lens, tripod, self-timer.

Cal Rasmussen
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 1, 2004, 6:00 AM   #2

The first one almost takes on a diorama effect, like looking down onto a model railroad, and it even includes the railroad. Even the "Backdrop" looks like it could be a painted mural instead of the real scenery....whichit is, right!?!?!? Cool pic....
Old Nov 3, 2004, 11:13 AM   #3

Wow, cal, that lighting is stupendous! Nice and soft. These almost look like paintings. :-)I love that blue, too.
monkey143 is offline   Reply With Quote