Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Nov 10, 2004, 3:26 PM   #1

Looks like I'm responsible for this so I'll take the first plunge. :O

I like the noisiness but I don't like the glare on the apples and I don't like that light mark in the bottom right. I've no idea why that is there. Let's just pretend it's a scan from an old print. Even though it was taken 10 minutes ago.

I'll do a better entry at some point.
ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 10, 2004, 3:31 PM   #2

nice! I really like that wood. The orange is almost red. Thanks for taking the leap of faith! :-)
monkey143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10, 2004, 10:35 PM   #3

hey man.....

fits the challenge perfectly

well...sortof...the "one of these things don't belong" part...i didn't go "huh" so much...but yeah lol

the glare....hmm.....i would think a polarizer would kill it...but maybe a big white sheet huh over them, and then a light shining from behind...

i dunno, i might have to run some tests here

Vito
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2004, 4:21 AM   #4

Yup, a polarizer would work. But the lighting conditions you see there are the absolute limit of what the camera can work at to produce an acceptable image. I had one 40w bulb to the left and the room light (three 40w or 60w bulbs, I'd have to get out the ladder to check them and that's not gonna happen :lol turned down with the dimmer switch. Any less light and the noise levels shoot up and it can struggle to find focus. We've got to remember that the camera is old technology now. Think Model T and Focus. Fitting a polarizer would have reduced the amount of light going through the lens. That would mean I'd have to put up with more noise or turn up the room light and lose the strength of the shadows.

All in all, considering the limitations I had, I'm happy with it. If I'd have had a better camera and produced this I would be disappointed.

Edit - I could have put paper over the light on the left as well. But that would also reduce the amount of light. I could have cut a piece of paper so that it would cover up the areas where there is strong glare. But that would be a lot of effort for not too much reward.
ferny is offline   Reply With Quote