Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Nov 17, 2004, 11:59 AM   #1

I planned to take this for the last challenge but every time I remembered to take it there wasn't enough light. Because of the tongue shot I thought it might be able to go with this weeks challenge to. More for the odd one out side rather than the hunh. But I thought it would be borderline. I checked with monkey and she pointed out that the bottom right is a completely different colour from the rest to.

ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 17, 2004, 2:45 PM   #2

well done, reminds me of hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil.......
shooter1005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2004, 2:56 PM   #3

Yes! Given that criteria, the lower right is the one that does not belong! If we're going with bright red, the lower left is the one that does not belong. Any way you slice it, though, it's a fantastic self-portrait series! Very Warhol-like! :-)
monkey143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2004, 11:17 AM   #4

Thanks monkey and shooter1005.
Old Nov 23, 2004, 10:26 AM   #5

Hi ferny. I love what you did. I'm interested in making something similar myself. If you don't mind, how did you create shots? Thanks.

Sam
spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2004, 7:58 PM   #6

Sam, LOL - your avatar is wonderful. I love this huge nose right in my face. And those soft eyes. :-)
monkey143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2004, 2:58 PM   #7

The idea starts with trying to re-create the effects you get when you develop slide film the way you do with negatives (i.e., the wrong way). It gives you funky colours. You can get a plug-in which will give you similar effects here. Go to #23 in the list. I got the above images using a combination of those, colour and contrast tweaking and various other bits (I can't list them all or give a complete tutorial).

You have to have the right image to start with. Some just won't work. Have a play.
Old Dec 15, 2004, 3:57 AM   #8

As you may know, I've got mod powers now (I can read minds and stuff, but that's not going to interest you...). The most important thing with being selected to moderate a forum is choosing how you will first abuse your powers.
This may seem trivial, but it's a very important decision as it sets a president for all of your future power abuses.

Seeing as it's the end of the current challenge I've decided to change the title of this thread and bump it with this reply. I hope you like my choice. And remember, post honestly as I can read your minds...
Old Dec 15, 2004, 10:53 AM   #9

oh i see wat you did..i thought you changed it to "hunh?" lol...then i went back and looked...and noticed series

nice work! i know nothing of film...so, i don't know what these were supposed to look like, but they look cool

Vito
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote