Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Dec 12, 2004, 9:48 AM   #1

Due to life getting in the way and not having the time necessary to be fair to the members and forum, I am stepping down in my role as co-moderator of this forum. Vito will still be co-moderator but I'd like you all to welcome ferny as his new partner! This super duo will continue to challenge you. There may be a few days of overlap while we transition so feel free to PM any of the three of us if you need help with anything or have questions.

It has been my privilege to serve you all and I intend to stick around the site - perhaps even participating in the challenges again! :-)

Betsy
monkey143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 12, 2004, 12:27 PM   #2

Hi Betsy,
It has been great having you here to help run things and to apply your critical eye to the many varied and excellent photos displayed here. I understand that you have personal matters that are more important than this forum but I encourage you to stop by when you can. You are well liked here and it would be great to see and hear from you when you have a few free moments now and then.

Thank you for all that you have done for the advancement of digital photography and for your critiques and help to newbies and oldies alike. God Bless you in all that you do and may you have a very good Christmas. Keep your chin up and a smile on your face and everything else will take care of itself.

Cal Rasmussen
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2004, 1:17 PM   #3

Thanks, Betsy. I hope you can stick around for the fun. I know you're leaving the forum in good hands.

Take care.

Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada
Tom Overton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2004, 1:57 PM   #4

wow, cal really said it!

i agree

have a great christmas! i appreciate your help with running the challenge for the past couple months!

lol, looks like i might have to write out that challengesnow

Vito
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2004, 3:43 AM   #5

monkey143 wrote:
Quote:
Vito will still be co-moderator but I'd like you all to welcome ferny as his new partner!
I thought I was just gonna mod the forum, not have to marry him! Were do I resign?

Unless... Will there be a free bar?

calr wrote:
Quote:
I encourage you to stop by when you can
As do we all. And if she doesn't enter the challenges now and again there'll be trouble.

And much finger waggling to.
ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2004, 6:32 AM   #6

LOL - yes, ferny, open bar. :-)You guys will have a blast. Thanks for the kind words, everyone - and I do intend to stick around - I'd like to participate in the challenges and the board a little more actively. Ironically, that means passing the torch. :-)
Old Dec 13, 2004, 10:11 AM   #7

Good luck Betsy
johnny_yuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2004, 6:59 AM   #8

Thanks, j_y! :-)
Old Dec 14, 2004, 2:46 PM   #9

Nuts. Abandonment issues for the second time in this forum. Don't disappear, you have been wonderful in the forum and for all the personal editing stuff. Thanks.

Suzan
ImKayd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2004, 3:26 PM   #10

Oh, Suzan, that was so touching! Thank you! I don't intend to go anywhere but to the back of my camera and pick it up again! :-)My issues aren't as serious as Barb's were - just time-consuming. That, and having dial-up really kept me from reviewing each submittal as I should have.Don't worry - I'll still be here, giving my opinions where they are wanted and unwanted, too! :-)