Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Feb 15, 2005, 6:17 PM   #1

Buffalo Bill Cody
Attached Images

BillD9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 18, 2005, 3:59 AM   #2

It may be my ignorance but I don't really see how shadows are the main focus point. I know they're there on the rocks and lettering, but they just seem like normal ones you'd have in any photo.

No offence is intended. I'm just trying to ease a little more info from you.
ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2005, 12:03 AM   #3

Ferny,

Here are Vito's instructions

"Shadows
Shadows are an important part of photography. They show us shape, detail and texture. But they can be a good subject in their own right. A workman swinging a pick-axe. A horse standing proud. Or maybe just a photograph that is brought to life by the shadows within it. Trees in evening light are great subjects for shadows. So, for this challenge, you have to go "Shadow Hunting"!"

I don't see where it says anything about "... shadows are the main focus point".

The shadows I thought to be interesting are the shadows on the bronze statue. As in, "... a good subject in their own right", or "... a photograph that is brought to life by the shadows within it."

I had looked at most of the photos posted here and noticed that most were shots that used the shadows of an object falling on the surrounding areaas the main subject. I wanted to present an image that had the shadow falling on the object that had cast it.

I am happy to hear that you don't really see how the shadows are the main focus point because they are not.

BillD9 is offline   Reply With Quote