Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Feb 16, 2005, 2:04 PM   #1

lol..how will you guys learn to take the shots within the dates when i'm picking out shots i've taken months ago?

lol...forgive me..this is the last time

this is my beautiful puppy..she's a lab, her names Cassie

you can see the shadows from the blinds in the window the light was coming from...

enjoy

Vito

Attached Images

photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 16, 2005, 2:12 PM   #2

How wonderfully expressive !!! I am sure the group can forgive you anything while you are posting photos like this!

Bravo . . .it would never have occured to me just to include this little part of Cassie. I hope to develop an "eye" for this yet.

suze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2005, 3:04 PM   #3

Vito, I realize the object of the challenge is to get us to step outside the box and try new things. However, I feel that another purpose of the forum, same as the other photo forums, is to display our work for the enjoyment of others and for critique if desired. Shooting the challenge during the two-week period sometimes is just not practical. In my area, the weather this time of year does not often lend itself to shooting unusual and artistic shadow pictures. However since I have shot pictures in the past that meet the artistic part of the challenge, I think it is perfectly acceptable to show them.

Your dog shot is outstanding. If you are like me, you have hundreds of shots of your dog. Annie (<--avatar) is 20 months old, now, and I probably have 200 shots of her since she was a pup.

Just remember "Rules are made to be broken!"
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2005, 3:32 PM   #4

thanks guys glad you like it!

good points cal...i guess it makes sense to keep being lenient (we have never really enforced that rule lol) about it!

btw..this shot was unbelievably dark...i actually had left this one for the 'archive' because it was too dark to see the look in her eye, and how the dof is placed where it should

but, i was running through the pictures on my 1gb card, to make sure a format wouldn't delete any pictures i don't have on CDs, i found this one...and i edited it up..

and was very pleased with how it lightened!

here's the original!

Vito
Attached Images

photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2005, 4:08 AM   #5

calr wrote:
Quote:
Vito, I realize the object of the challenge is to get us to step outside the box and try new things. However, I feel that another purpose of the forum, same as the other photo forums, is to display our work for the enjoyment of others and for critique if desired. Shooting the challenge during the two-week period sometimes is just not practical. In my area, the weather this time of year does not often lend itself to shooting unusual and artistic shadow pictures. However since I have shot pictures in the past that meet the artistic part of the challenge, I think it is perfectly acceptable to show them.
That is pretty much my view to. It allows you to use your back catalogue.
I see the reasoning behind the idea of only posting photos within the challenge times. It means that (for instance with this current challenge) you're thinking about shadows and learning from it. But if you did that a week or even 10 years ago I don't see why you can't post it.

Maybe it'd be best not to say when the photo you post was taken. Then we'd all be happy.

Excellent photo, vito. I like the narrow dof.
ferny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2005, 8:56 AM   #6

Vito -- the editing is fantastic -- it's superb that you were able to adjust the levels to get such a great pic without running into noise/artifact/distortion problems.

Wow!

perdendosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2005, 4:00 PM   #7
kex

perdendosi wrote:
Quote:
Vito -- the editing is fantastic -- it's superb that you were able to adjust the levels to get such a great pic without running into noise/artifact/distortion problems.

Wow!

right.

Was the picture taken in RAW?

Superb shot by the way.
kex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2005, 3:14 PM   #8

I think it's wonderful too!

Canna
Canna W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2005, 4:28 PM   #9

Great shot and a great editing job too - I really like how close you got
davemoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2005, 2:37 AM   #10

The detail in the eye reflection is to die for. Lovely expressive photo.
In your editing did you use the shadow/highlight in CS? What ever you did a super job.

Suzan
ImKayd1 is offline   Reply With Quote