Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Apr 19, 2005, 11:22 PM   #1

Second One
Attached Images

photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 20, 2005, 11:17 AM   #2

Love your tree pixVito. Is there somewhere to see this one & the snowy trunk in more detail?

Canna
Canna W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2005, 12:04 PM   #3

Canna, poor Vito has no notion of who took any of the seven pictures. I kept him in the dark on it so he could join in the fun of analyzing and of guessing which were done by professionals and which weren't.

Next Tuesday or Wednesday--it's up to Vito--I'll reveal the names of the photographers except for one of them, and that's only because it was unsigned.

--Barbara
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2005, 3:12 PM   #4

This picture has kind of a storybook feeling to it. It looks like it was done with a very wide-angle lens positioned close to the base of the tree. This makes the base disproportionatly wide and the top small. I like the composition. The sky is a little blown out but that is hard to avoid in this kind of shot. The detail looks a little grainy to me. I don't think jpeg compression does that.

On a scale of 10, I give this one an 8.

Cal Rasmussen
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2005, 3:41 PM   #5

Yes, Cal, kind of like a tree in an enchanted forest. I haven't got the original right next to me, but I don't remember it as being grainy. Instead, it may have been a bit overly sharp.

This is the kind of angle I've tried a few times buthave never been able to pull it off. It always ends up looking like I'm trying too hard.
Old Apr 20, 2005, 5:07 PM   #6

It also takes just the right kind of lens!

Cal
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2005, 7:02 PM   #7

Yes, and I've been wishing for a wide-angle lens, but it would seem I haven't been wishing loud enough. :sad:
Old Apr 20, 2005, 7:19 PM   #8

One of my 2 favorites.Great postioning for this pic.I love fantasty and I agree with the others that it looks like it is from a storybook.Can we told where this was taken at the end of the contest?
Striderxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2005, 7:28 PM   #9

I'll see if I can find out. I know WHO took the picture, but I don't know WHERE.

But don't think of this as a contest. It's more an exercise in analyzing photos, what webelieve makes them good or not. There areno right answers or wrong ones, only our own answers. I truly believe that the more we think about the photos of others, the more time we'll take to think when we go to take our own photos.

Barbara
Old Apr 20, 2005, 7:31 PM   #10

bcoultry wrote:
Quote:
I'll see if I can find out. I know WHO took the picture, but I don't know WHERE.

But don't think of this as a contest. It's more an exercise in analyzing photos, what webelieve makes them good or not. There areno right answers or wrong ones, only our own answers. I truly believe that the more we think about the photos of others, the more time we'll take to think when we go to take our own photos.

Barbara
I misspoke I meant the weekly Challenge.And I agree with you.I have had a digital camera for 3 1/2 years and Im just getting into taking real pics.
Striderxl is offline   Reply With Quote