Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Apr 27, 2005, 8:50 PM   #1

One of the clean cuts....note the additional work on the upper right branch, further milling of material to accomodate size requirements at the job site.

And another clean cut.....

A cut near home base to cut down on delivery costs......

The same cut as the previous shot to show the proximity to the lodge...

The lodge itself in some unknown state of construction. Beaver and theirlodges are quite rare within 25 miles of Chicago. This is in a forest preserve pond and has nothing to do with a typical beaver dam creating a pond where the lodge is thenbuilt. This creature took the easy route and built on an existing pond. The result of all this cutting has resulted in many trees being encircled with chain link fencing to prevent damage and killing of the much larger trees in the area. I didn't see the homeowner while I was there. I may have to play paparazzi one day to catch them in the act.
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 28, 2005, 3:08 AM   #2

Bob,

Those are some industrious fellas. In the 5+ years I lived in Chicago I'd never actually seen any of theri work. Maybe because as you noted they don't do any of this within 25 miles of Chicago.

Thanks for sharing -- Aloha
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2005, 4:47 AM   #3

Selvin,

This location is Pratt's Wayne Woods, about 5 miles east f the Fox River near Elgin, IL. Much of the nearby land is still farm or wooded prairie but there is also a lot of suburban sprawl nearby as well.

Aloha, Bob
Old Apr 28, 2005, 8:25 AM   #4

Thank you so much, Bob, for showing "the rest of the story." What's so particularly nice about this series is that nowhere in them is there sight of the industrious rodents, but they're right inside each and every picture nevertheless.

Remember that challenge of last year involving "Evidence" where we were all supposed to include the presence of something or someone in a photograph without actually photographing the thing or person? These pictures would have been a perfect example of the technique.

--Barbara
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote