Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old May 3, 2005, 11:38 PM   #1

Hey guys..

This challenge snuck up on me, , probably because you guys only posted your photos for a week, but here goes :-D.

For this challenge, i give you total (near total ) freedom. But...haha, saw that coming ...I want to really challenge you guys to get deep with these. Spend 5-10 minutes thinking about how you're gonna compose this shot, to make your idea/message/meaning shine through. A tripod will really help you slow down, so grab one if you have one . Once you have things composed nicely, double check. Make sure nothing is intruding into the frame that shouldn't be there, or there isn't anything leaving the frame that should be in!

The title of this challenge is pretty much the only guideline to this. "Bridges"
You're free to post whatever image you come up with that shows a bridge.

Please put "Bridges" before your title when you post your thread!

Have Fun!

Vito

photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 5, 2005, 3:05 PM   #2

I've got lots of photos of bridges but would love to go get some more. Sounds like fun.

How about unlocking or un-anchoring the 7 posts for the first half of the tree challenge. You don't need to delete them. Just let them "loose" so the new postings can come to the top.

Cal Rasmussen
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2005, 7:16 PM   #3

Cal's right, Vito. I was thinking of saying the same thing but Cal is apparently younger and quicker than I am.

And for everyone else, Vito hinted at the idea of broadening the definition of bridge, so consider the fact that you don't have to take a photo of a literal bridge at all. Tree branches are squirrel bridges, children like to pretend that curbs are narrow bridges, and anyone who owns a cat knows that felines consider human beings to be bridges from here to there. There are musical bridges and dental bridges and bridges that are burned behind us. A bridge is a way of getting from point A to point B, but it can also be a metaphor.

B.
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2005, 10:44 PM   #4
Super Moderator

very deep B..

and here vito thought it was "open-ended" before... hehe..
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2005, 10:44 PM   #5

There is also the part of a violin and related instruments called a bridge. There are also electronic instruments called bridges but I don't think we should go there!

Cal
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2005, 8:22 AM   #6

One person reaching out to another is bridging a gap, there's a ship's bridge, the bridge of the nose, and there are paint bridges and light bridges in the theater. We're all but buried in bridges!

B.
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote