Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old May 10, 2005, 2:59 PM   #1

Third in my mini series. One of the many, many bridges in Venice. Although you can't tell here, this shot was taken while we were on a Gondola, (as were the other two), and i'm pleased to say this bridge didn't cause any trouble. Unlike a couple of other bridges where the Gondolier had to ask me to put all my weight to one side to enable him to tilt the vessel sufficiently to go under them :shock:.

This was taken long before many of us had, or even knew, about digital cameras (12 years ago). But as you can see, they knew about digital TV in Venice :-).

For those that like trivia....... Birmingham, England, actually has more canals than Venice. True.

Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 10, 2005, 4:34 PM   #2

This is a beautifully composed shot. Some of what I'm absolutely sure is there in the original has been lost in the translation to digital, but it's very easy nevertheless to see the beautiful color and texture.

--Barbara
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2005, 4:52 PM   #3

Thank you Barbara. I do wish digital was around then, like it is now. Venice is a beautiful city and I have many lovely photos, (not just canals !).

I'm wondering if 12 year old negatives can still be scanned and digitized ? Would you or anyone know ? I would like to do this if the result could be of reasonable quality. It was the bridge challenge thatreminded me of these pics, although I don't need reminding of Venice.

Steve.
Old May 10, 2005, 8:23 PM   #4

you sure can!

well, i know you can with slides...i'm sure you can with negatives though..

very nice composition here, the colors are nice, as are the gorgeous venician buildings!

Vito
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11, 2005, 2:48 AM   #5

Thanks Vito. I will ask at my local Processor. I felt sure that digital copies could be made from negatives, I didn't know if the fact they are over 12 years oldcould cause a problem quality (of the negatives) wise.

Steve.