Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old May 17, 2005, 10:24 PM   #1
daz

Just a cable stay and some different angles.

DAZ
Attached Images

daz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 17, 2005, 10:26 PM   #2
daz

Up close and straight up.

DAZ
Attached Images

Old May 17, 2005, 10:30 PM   #3
daz

Up close and to the side up.

DAZ
Attached Images

Old May 17, 2005, 10:31 PM   #4
daz

Up close and back some.

DAZ
Attached Images

Old May 17, 2005, 11:16 PM   #5

Although I don't care for this style of bridge, I think you have done an excelent job of capturing it. I like the second and fourth shots the best. I like the patterns of the tower and cables. The first shot is a bit busy. The third shot seems disorganized to me. It lacks symmetry.

I would love to see these same shots against a blue sky. It would be interesting to try coloring the sky in PS or PSP. It shouldn't be too difficult since the overcast seems to be a fairly uniform white.

There is a bridge similar to this on the east side of Vancouver, B.C. The first time I saw it, I thought it was the ugliest bridge I ever saw. The second time I saw it (about 6 hours later!) I still thought it was ugly.

I hope you don't mind, I tried replacing the sky in PSP9. I used a gradient color pallette and did a flood fill in each white space. Here is the result.

Cal Rasmussen
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2005, 3:36 AM   #6

I agree with Cal about no.1 The bridge is an insignificant part of the whole frame, but I actually enjoyed the photo because of this. There is lots to look at, I like it Daz.

Very nice colour change on no.4 Cal .

Stevekin.
Stevekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2005, 10:07 AM   #7
daz

calr wrote:
Quote:
Although I don't care for this style of bridge, I think you have done an excelent job of capturing it. I like the second and fourth shots the best. I like the patterns of the tower and cables. The first shot is a bit busy. The third shot seems disorganized to me. It lacks symmetry.

I would love to see these same shots against a blue sky. It would be interesting to try coloring the sky in PS or PSP. It shouldn't be too difficult since the overcast seems to be a fairly uniform white.

Cal Rasmussen

Thanks, I kind of like them because they have interesting geomantic shapes. I too like the second and fourth photos the best. I put the first one in mainly because the other are kind of abstract and it gives a referents to the viewer. The third one is that some people like the broken symmetry look. It has its uses at time like contrasting the second and third photos.

I would have like to have taken the photo against a blue sky but it has been raining most of the time here for the last 2 weeks. It is hard to imagine something like that were I live but I was running out of time so I took my best try with what I could get.:G I like what you did with the blue sky. I was thinking about doing some thing like that but I had to spend my time turning some family group photos into portraits and removing balloons. I think you did a better job then I was going to do. I had not thought using a graduated for the sky. Now when I do it I will have to work harder to try and improve on it.

DAZ