Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old May 21, 2005, 7:24 PM   #1

This man is a real treasure, not only to me, but to everyone whose lives he touched. His name is Doug Lowe and he was the conducter of our Legion concert band in Pembroke Ontario. He was a very quiet and humble man and had a great passion for music. He was always paitent with us, and believe me....you needed paitence with us back then. This photo was taken in 1975. He passed away in '78. This picture shows his true personality, to me and to those that knew him at least. I just wanted to share this true treasure and inspiration of my youth with those that care for him.
R.I.P. Doug.....we miss you.

Rose
Attached Images

mommy_culleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 21, 2005, 9:30 PM   #2

mommy_culleton wrote:
Quote:
This man is a real treasure, not only to me, but to everyone whose lives he touched. His name is Doug Lowe and he was the conducter of our Legion concert band in Pembroke Ontario. He was a very quiet and humble man and had a great passion for music. He was always paitent with us, and believe me....you needed paitence with us back then. This photo was taken in 1975. He passed away in '78. This picture shows his true personality, to me and to those that knew him at least. I just wanted to share this true treasure and inspiration of my youth with those that care for him.
R.I.P. Doug.....we miss you.

Rose
...and he had a love for model trains. He was an original; often imitated, never duplicated.

Thanks, Rose.

Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada
http://tomoverton.myphotoalbum.com
Tom Overton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2005, 12:36 AM   #3

The combination of this picture and your writing is very moving.How nice to learn a bit about this man. He was obviously very special.

What a great entry.

Caroline.
Canna W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2005, 10:51 AM   #4

Although I don't/didn't know this man or even know of him, this picture makes me feel like I would like to know him. Based on Tom's comments regarding model trains, I should know of him since I have been into model railroading for a significant part of my life.

Nice photo and nice comments by all.

Cal Rasmussen
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2005, 7:03 PM   #5

It's times like this that we are reminded of the power of photos. I look at the picture of Doug and all the thoughts and feelings of being 16 come rushing in. Some good, some not so good. Either way....very powerful and perhaps important.
Thanks for the kind words,
Rose
mommy_culleton is offline   Reply With Quote