Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 22, 2005, 7:43 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
aladyforty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 6,964
Default

My wedding things, the flowers and horse shoe and bell were hand made by my mother, the Album contains my wedding photos taken with a cheap camera. They may only be snapshots but I treasure them. My 25th wedding anniversary is on 31st may:-)


aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 22, 2005, 8:18 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 4,288
Default

Very, very nice!! Congratulations on your 25th aniversary!

Bob Hammitt
bhammitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2005, 10:10 AM   #3
Moderator
 
calr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Beaverton, OR
Posts: 8,466
Default

Very nicely done. I think the only thing I would change is to move one of the silk flowers or ribbons to the upper left corner. That corner looks a little empty. I love your use of colorized monochrome. The photos in that album must bring many memories.

Cal Rasmussen
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2005, 12:51 PM   #4
Mag
Senior Member
 
Mag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 734
Default

Well done alady, i really like the arangement background and color.

Best regards,

Mag
Mag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2005, 2:40 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
photosbyvito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 5,710
Default

there you go :-D

can't even imagine how much you treasure this!
congratulations on 25 years! that's awesome!

nice work with the photo too
the sepia works well, and nice work setting up...i think you could probably put the two wedding rings on a ribbon or something up in the left corner...to fill in the upper left..

very nice :-D
vito
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2005, 7:09 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
aladyforty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 6,964
Default

thanks:-)
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2005, 11:18 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Canna W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,038
Default

How nice to have things as well that your mother made.... I imagine these gather importance as time goes on.

Caroline.
Canna W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2005, 1:10 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
aladyforty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 6,964
Default

Canna W wrote:
Quote:
How nice to have things as well that your mother made.... I imagine these gather importance as time goes on.

Caroline.

Yes it is nice, however time has left some kind of rust spots on the white lace of the horse shoe and bell and the flowers are pink but fading, thats why I did the sepia shot:-)
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2005, 2:15 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
suze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,338
Default

aladyforty wrote:
Quote:
Yes it is nice, however time has left some kind of rust spots on the white lace of the horse shoe and bell and the flowers are pink but fading, thats why I did the sepia shot:-)
Thank heavens for photos . . . even when the physical remnantshave aged beyond their time, we can keep the treasures with us in part with our photos Wonderful idea to capture these - you've inspired me to do the same.
suze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2005, 6:10 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
aladyforty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 6,964
Default

suze wrote:
Quote:
aladyforty wrote:
Quote:
Yes it is nice, however time has left some kind of rust spots on the white lace of the horse shoe and bell and the flowers are pink but fading, thats why I did the sepia shot:-)
Thank heavens for photos . . . even when the physical remnantshave aged beyond their time, we can keep the treasures with us in part with our photos Wonderful idea to capture these - you've inspired me to do the same.

Thanks, the Idea came from me wanting to do some kind of old fashioned photo and it was one of the concepts I came up with, I guess the 1970/80s (married in 1980)could not really be classed as old fashioned though going on todays clothing trends:-)I knew I should have kept those flares!
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 4:39 AM.