Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old May 25, 2005, 6:33 AM   #1

Getting way INSIDE the box on this one - photo taken of tour ofa replica of the ship " the Golden Hind", captained by Sir Francis Drake,circumnavigated the world between 1577 and 1580.
Attached Images

suze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 25, 2005, 8:13 AM   #2

Gosh, big time booty. A tour of a replica of the GH sounds fascinating - hope to see more pix elsewhere....

Caroline.
Canna W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2005, 10:09 AM   #3

Aye! Thar be treasure in that chest! Great shot. The lighting couldn't be much better. I don't know if it was planned or just happened. The composition is good except a little sparse in the upper left corner, but you probably had no control over that. Was this display behind glass? If so, extremely well done. It can be very difficult to photograph objects in glass cases. If you have more good shots, please post them.

Speaking of ships, this past weekend I got to see the ship used in Disney's "Pirates of the Carribean". The "Lady Washington" was docked in the small town of St. Helens, about 20 miles northwest of Portland. Along with the "Lady" was the "Lynx", another large sailing vessel. I didn't go on board either ship but did get some good shots despite the clouds and rain. I'll post some shots in the "Other photos" forum soon.

Cal Rasmussen
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2005, 2:25 PM   #4

Thanks Canna and Cal.

Yes Cal, it was through glass, and what's more, it's not too roomy in thehull of the ship so quite dark down there. I was quite pleased this came out as well as it did as I used the on board flash on my Pana FZ20.

I do have a few other shots of the ship I will post in other photos as well once I do some pp on them
suze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2005, 1:28 AM   #5
Mag

Now thats a treasure! Fantasy of treasure hunting and swashbuckling come to mind. Nice capture suze, well done.

Best regards,

Mag
Mag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2005, 11:51 AM   #6

Nicely done under difficult conditions. looking forward to pictures of Drake's GH. Always read about it and wondered what it looked like.

Aloha
selvin is offline   Reply With Quote