Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old May 25, 2005, 11:24 AM   #1

This is a treasure for sure. First of all it's my kids, 19 years ago, but secondly, it's witness to the beginnings of their life long passion for music. Ilena plays 12 instruments and will soon be teaching high school music and William is an amazing drummer who is working on going proffessional. They have played in bands of all types since they were 7 years old.
See how carefully their fingers are placed on the keys and how serious they are?
I just love it and hope you do too.
Rose
Attached Images

mommy_culleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 25, 2005, 11:37 AM   #2

Little did they know at that age where that practice and "dedication" would lead them. I only wish I had been more serious about my music as a child. I am an organist. I play classical and church music. I do a decent job at it but had I been more diligent as a child, I might have acheived my lifetime dream of being a concert organist. Alas, maybe in my next life!

Great submission and it is truly a treasure.

Cal Rasmussen
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25, 2005, 1:06 PM   #3

Thanks Cal, but I must remind you that it's never too late to acheive your dream! You're half-way there already....why quit now? I say go for it!
Good luck,
Rose
Old May 26, 2005, 1:19 AM   #4
Mag

Nice treasure for sure, im sure it must bring great joy to them now as adults, and great joy for the entire family. They do look very commited and serious even at such a young age, what a great keepsake.

Best regards,

Mag
Mag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2005, 6:42 PM   #5

aww that's great!

now, all you have to do, is round them up, and take a very similar picture of them playing together, and hang them both up next to each other :-D

awesome!

Vito
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2005, 10:27 AM   #6

Mag...thanks for the kind words and yes, we are very proud of our kids and their talents. It's more fun to go to THEIR concerts for sure. Their talents far surpasses ours and for them to enjoy it so passiontely is amazing to be a part of.

Vito....thanks for the idea! When the actually played in the same band it was impossible to get them together in the same shot. Big problem with drummers is that they are well hidden behind all that equipment. So now the hunt is on for a piano and to convince them to go along with this!

Thanks to everyone for the support.

Rose