Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old May 27, 2005, 5:25 PM   #1

These are my Olympic Taekwondo medals. I earned these through two years of fighting in tournaments. The ones that aren't in focus are the school tournament medals. I really miss fighting in tournaments, so much so it brings a tear to my eye. Unfortunately because of injuries and lack of transportationmytraining inOlympic Taekwondo may have stopped at the young age of twenty-one. I haven't trained or fought in an Olmpyic Taekwondo now for four years and don't know if I'll be able to keep up.

The background is my fighting gi (uniform top). Me and this gi have been through a lot together. I tuned the hue down a bit since the original colors were a bit blaring.

Attached Images

alphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 27, 2005, 6:38 PM   #2

These are definitely treasures. They represent very hard training and work. My son also studied Tae Kwon Do, starting from the age of six, and though he wasn't able to continue on to the level you reached, he was with it long enough that the more subtle lessons of ithave nevernever lost, the lessonsthat involveinner strength.

Though you may not be able to continue with it, it will continue within you.

--Barbara
bcoultry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2005, 12:07 AM   #3

wooah...taekwondo?

that's amazing! by the looks of these medals, you didn't stink either

nice shot, although the front medals would look good sharp too

Vito
photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2005, 1:20 AM   #4

Thanks everybody.

bcoultry - I have definitely taken something from Taekwondo, especially from the teachings of my old instructors. I have gone to two schools in the last two years and nothing can match my old instructors.

Vito - oh, I stuck. If you notice most of them are bronze medals. The only way I got those were because I was the last person in my division. :lol: Yeah I tried to get those first medals in focus, but couldn't do it and didn't have the time to really work at it. Hopefully I can try again later this week.
Old May 28, 2005, 2:51 AM   #5
Mag

Nice treasures alphie, i like your arrangement and choice of background.

Best regards,

Mag
Mag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2005, 1:06 PM   #6

alphie wrote:
Quote:
bcoultry - I have definitely taken something from Taekwondo, especially from the teachings of my old instructors. I have gone to two schools in the last two years and nothing can match my old instructors.
That's interesting in light of the fact that my son quit studying after his original instructor left. The instructor didn't like the direction the school was going in, which was basically all about winning. The drive to win created a negative atmosphere, and it was no longer about individual development. The instructor left, my son left, and so did a number of the other students.

--Barbara
Old May 28, 2005, 1:17 PM   #7

bcoultry wrote:
Quote:
alphie wrote:
Quote:
That's interesting in light of the fact that my son quit studying after his original instructor left. The instructor didn't like the direction the school was going in, which was basically all about winning. The drive to win created a negative atmosphere, and it was no longer about individual development. The instructor left, my son left, and so did a number of the other students.

--Barbara
I think the instructors can make or break the school. My last school that I intended the instructor had a large ego. He even told me that I insulted him by choicing another school. After he said that to me, I really don't want to step foot into the school again. The current instructors at the school that I'm attending are very nice and considerate, but for some reason it's just not the same as my old instructors from my taekwondo school.
Old May 28, 2005, 1:25 PM   #8

Quote:
for some reason it's just not the same as my old instructors from my taekwondo school
Maybe fine instructors are actually quite rare, and when you're lucky enough to start out with an excellent one, you just naturally expect others to be as good. When this happens, you can't help being disappointed. But stay with it.
Old May 28, 2005, 2:03 PM   #9

Hi alphie! This photo shows dedication to me, very nice!!

Bob H.
bhammitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2005, 12:33 PM   #10

I see Bogart has joined us. :-)