Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Jun 1, 2005, 1:06 AM   #1
Mag

This photo is a treasure to me because it was taken with a cheap 80$ no name camera on the water from my kayak. After some editing in Photoshop I rather liked it.

Best regards,

Mag
Attached Images

Mag is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 1, 2005, 10:04 AM   #2

When I first looked at this shot, I thought it was showing a flooded building! I like the picture but it is not obvious to me that it is a boat house. Where is the entrance?

The lighting and contrast are very good. The composition is equally good. What would have been even better would be to have captured the front end of the kayak in the picture to give a little better perspective. I realize this is an older photo but think about this if you ever try it again.

Cal Rasmussen
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2005, 10:23 AM   #3
Mag

Thanx calr,

I will definately be going back to get some different angles, to show all the boats and also to focus on the cables and the lean of the building. This picture doesnt show it very well but theres a couple cableson this side of buildingstrapped to some pilings holding it from falling toward the shore. I think an angle from the corner showing the boats and the lean and the cables might be interesting. Actually covered docks is probably a better term than boathouse.

And congrats!! on your moderator position, its well deserved. And I like your white balance idea for challenge sounds like fun I cant wait to try it!

Best regards,

Mag
Mag is offline   Reply With Quote