Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Jun 7, 2005, 10:56 PM   #1

I have been following this challenge with much interest but have not had time to take some shots with different WB settings. I was inspired by Berto's post to try to achieve the night time effect on an existing photowith software. I took a properly exposed photo and put in a -1.5 stop exposure value to simulate the ND filter. Then I set the WB to 2800k and got this result. These corrections were made to the RAW files with Nikon Captureand no other post processing was done, other than converting to .jpg and resizing/compressing for the web.

Bill

Attached Images

BillD9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 8, 2005, 8:08 AM   #2

Although it does not meet the challenge, it is an interesting effect. You might try it witn only -1.0 exposure compensation to lighten it a bit. It is a bit too dark for my liking.

If you don't have time to get out and do some experimental shooting, take your camera to work and try some shots at or around your desk. Don't use flash for two reasons. First, it will attract attention and second, it will interfere with the white balance effects you are testing.

Good luck and show us more. You've got another week. The Portland weather is not supposed to be very good this weekend. You're probably going to be stuck indoors so get out the camera and shoot!

Cal Rasmussen
calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 2005, 10:57 PM   #3

Cal,

Thanks for your suggestions. The reason I have been too busy to make a real attempt to shoot some photos for the challenge is that I have been attending a workshop on the Nikon D70. We covered White Balance extensively but the emphasis was on different ways to set the proper WB for the conditions. It was a very good workshop and I have a lot of photos to look through. Maybe I'll find something appropriate... if not, I'll try again sometime before the end of the challenge.

BTW.... I am very, veryretired and find the use of the "W" word offensive.:G:G

Bill
BillD9 is offline   Reply With Quote