Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Jun 29, 2005, 5:12 AM   #1

This was actually taken several monthsago. I like this challenge topic, because I really enjoy the challenge of night shots. I have several from past photo outings, and I will make every effort to do some new ones this week.

This image has very little post-processing, mostly some sharpening and resize.

(just noticed that blotch on the right side. I really don't know where that came from, but I don't recall painting something out. I certainly would not have done such a lousy job with it. Oh well).

Attached Images

DanielT2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 30, 2005, 3:40 PM   #2

Somehow, this one slipped past me until I saw a reference to it in the Xtreme Makeover forum. I really like this one. Maybe it's because I took a similar picture of the big ball at Epcot Center a few years ago. If I can find the negative, I'll post it.

The exposure on this shot seems to be about ideal. Any brighter would bring out the fountains but blow out the globe. Any darker would lose all the detail of the fountains. The white balance seems to be just right although I don't know the actual color of the globe. It appears to be aluminum or some other light colored metal and if so, the color in the photo is good.

Good work.

Cal Rasmussen

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2005, 3:48 PM   #3

Thanks.

Yes, the colors are accurate, and I am also impressed that the exposure seems to have been just optimal. I have a few that didn't turn out quite so well

I also have a couple of pics of the big ball at Epcot.

Here's one:

Attached Images

DanielT2 is offline   Reply With Quote