Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Post Your Photos > Biweekly Shoot Out

Old Jul 6, 2005, 9:39 AM   #1

A timed exposure of the lights in Surf City NC.

Dawg
Attached Images

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 6, 2005, 10:14 AM   #2

I can't tell if it is foggy or the picture is a little out of focus. If the soft focus was intentional, that's fine. The picture is leaning to the right a bit and it is a bit overexposed. This is evident from the sky and the foregound lighting.

The foreground lighting is a dominant feature in this photograph. It appears to be incandescent lights. However, I suspect you had your white balance set for sunny or cloudy. You might try the shot again with WB set for incandescent. Generally, you want to set the WB for the predominant lighting in the scene.

Cal Rasmussen

calr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2005, 12:27 AM   #3

It was almost pitch black and I set the camera to Landscape mode and a 12 second exposure with a Tcon 17 teleconverter lens and the zoom at 10x. some of the blur is from a noise reductin filter I used to get rid of a lot of residual noise. The colored lights were about 5 miles away from the camera and filtered through a lot of moist atmosphere. As to repeating it that will have to wait as the spot where this was taken is about a 12 hour drive from my home. Thanks for looking and the comments Calr. I mean that too. It's through that kind of feed back that I learn to improve my skills. Again thanks.

Dawg

bigdawg is offline   Reply With Quote